GT500 vs GT350

Venomous 03

Established Member
I need your help guys...
I've been driving my 2014 GT for almost 2 years now,lately ive been kinda wanting to upgrade.
I recently picked up a 2017 Jeep Wrangler for my soon to be wife.After a few months she finally gave me the green light to pick something out for myself.The GT i have now has a good amount of bolts ons and suspension.Its has all the options available but i just want a little more.
Its still going to take about another year more or less to finish the twin turbo build on my cobra,and well my R6 isn't really ideal for me when i get off a 12 hour shift from work.
So this will more than likely be a daily driver,i will be switching back and forth with the Yamaha though.
I will be trading in the 5.0 for a newer car with a lil more kick.I will be also be trading in a 750li,but havent made up my mind since i plan on getting a truck next year and trade it in for that.
So ive came down to 2 choices:
2014 GT500 or 2016 GT350
Theres 2 of them local to me,in black with a 3k price difference (all my mustangs have been black lol)
What would YOU guys get,given the same options on both cars and why ?
Im having a really hard time here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohio Snake

Established Member
I’m more partial to the GT500...black of course. Both cars have their own merits. I just prefer the S197 body style over the S550. The only S550 I like is GT350 though, but I give the edge to GT 500.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Depends on if you want gut ripping torque or a car that can blast around a road course.
Religious track guys will foam at the mouth over the 350. Hell raising strip guys will favor the 500.
What category are you in?
I've seen more than a few 500 guys get the 350. Then, miss the HP and go back to the 500.
At that price level, I'd want to ride in/drive both. Then write the check.
Best of luck on whichever you choose!

msp.ecoboost

Established Member
Hard to resist that GT350, but I would get the GT500! The 2014 GT500 is a masterpiece!

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

msp.ecoboost

Established Member
Depends on if you want gut ripping torque or a car that can blast around a road course.
Religious track guys will foam at the mouth over the 350. Hell raising strip guys will favor the 500.
What category are you in?
I've seen more than a few 500 guys get the 350. Then, miss the HP and go back to the 500.
At that price level, I'd want to ride in/drive both. Then write the check.
Best of luck on whichever you choose!
He's right! I own an S550 chassis car, an Ecoboost! But that has nothing to do with it! He's right if your into road course racing get the GT350! If your into the drag strip scene get the GT500!

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Zemedici

Established Member
Will you be driving your cobra on the street? If so get the GT350, no need for 2 highway cars imo. One for the road course and one for the street.

Then again a TT GT350 is a mean street car....

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
For daily commuting I would go with the 350. Now I am partial to the 350, because I own one, but the adjustable suspension will be easier on you for normal driving. And you are going to have a strip car once your build is done.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
You mention a truck next year, so I’d skip the Mustangs and go straight to a 2017/18 Raptor with a tune. /thread

Venomous 03

Established Member
Yes the cobra will be driven on the street,occasionally.
I perfer the body style on the late s197s as well but god damn these 350s have been growing on me.
I have 2 major reasons that lean me towards each.
GT500-Alot easier/cheaper to get more power out of.
GT350-The fact that i have yet to see one here in town,so id be if not the only but the few.Plus the sound on that flate plane gives me chills.
LOL Raptor would indeed be awesome but i was honestly looking into something a lil older like a cummins.Mainly to tow the cobra to the track,but also something i can take to the local river and go balls out in the mud without worrying too much scratching my paint lol

Venomous 03

Established Member
Im a strip kind of guy but then again,ive never really had the chance to own a car that is more track oriented.
This is has got to be the hardest decision ive came across in my 25 years of living....

CO Mack

Established Member
Im a strip kind of guy but then again,ive never really had the chance to own a car that is more track oriented.
This is has got to be the hardest decision ive came across in my 25 years of living....

Aw, you poor thing. Lol

GT350 is an extremely visceral car that's easy to live with, especially a 2016 with tech pack. It's not particularly fast in a straight line, especially rolling on from cruise.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
My GT500 hauls on the road course and no worries about vibrations and overheating. The 350 has better brakes but that is only a matter of more $.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ibleedblue65

Established Member
I would take a trinity car if it were me. The 350s are fun to drive but the power is a bit anemic and high strung for my taste. Id immediately have to slap a blower or a set of turbos on one which is another 10-15k. Of course i probably wouldnt leave a gt500 stock but they are cheaper to mod.

Rct851

Established Member
I've only driven a 2013 gt500 so I can't comment on the 350. Even with the 3.31 rear gear the 500 had some balls to it when you rolled the gas on. The downside in my eyes is that it is so similar to the 13-14 5.0 stylistically. The guts are obviously an upgrade x100.

The amount of 350 owners who waited, paid over msrp, then sold in under a year concerns me. It's always the same criticism of being too placid for street driving in lower rpm.

Location also matters. Unless I was commited to frequent track days everything around here is too flat and straight for the 350 to shine.

there are a lot of badass rides out there right now it makes it hard to decide. Seems like a lot of us 5bro guys either have the thing paid off or just over it and looking for that next level.

MastaAce03

Established Member
The oil consumption issue on the GT350 would be extremely concerning for me. Drive both back to back and you'll know right away which one you want

Users who are viewing this thread