GT500 Value when GT350 comes out

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Then what was the thread I read here about only a few hundred being made?

Ford in all there wisdom are building 137 15 MY vehicles. They are not out yet and a year late I might add. They are building the full line of 16 and 17 MY vehicles just like the 13/14 GT500. A 16 GT350 was built last week. They should be out end of August start of September.

Of the full year build only 500 will be the R each year!

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I doubt GT350 will have any effect on GT500 prices. Two different types of vehicle for completely different purposes.

the real question is how will increasing #s of hellcat chargers/challengers and C7 Z06s effect GT500 prices. They are quickly becoming obsolete and forgotten. That's what happens when the only selling point of a car is its hp and not real world performance. :poke:

The killer for GT500s here is the lack of reliable tuners. People want to buy a car they can build out to 1k+ hp, and there aren't many shops that do Mustangs well from what I've heard.

Did you actually have your GT500 on an autocross? Don't you know they're a one trick pony.

I tracked my Boss stock, and tracked my Shelby on KWV3s and stock 3 year old original 25k mile tires...both were a blast. Both had room for improvement. The people downtalking the Shelby on track poise need to take a CTS-V out, then see how they feel about the "fat pig only good at a strip" Shelby...

(I only took my V out for ONE SESSION and decided I didn't want to do that anymore)

Yep, you really have no idea. :lol:
A rear pad change for any gt500 (shitty single piston!) isnt going to do squat in comparison to the rear two peice, 4 piston setup that comes with the GT350.

This is my single biggest gripe on this car. Horrible rear brake setup, no cheap or easy way to fix it. And don't tell me to do the 13-14 rotor swap, the calipers are what sucks!!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

This is my single biggest gripe on this car. Horrible rear brake setup, no cheap or easy way to fix it. And don't tell me to do the 13-14 rotor swap, the calipers are what sucks!!

Based on research I did when I was changing my brake setup, there's really not much you can do in the way of rear brakes on a solid rear axle. A solid caliper just doesn't work as well as a sliding caliper for that setup. (There's a huge article about the dynamics of it all.) The "best" option is larger rotors and better pads. I did (front and rear) rotors, pads, braided brake lines, and fluid, and the only complaints I have are the tendency for the rear end to initially get loose under hard or high-speed braking and sometimes the brake pedal will go hard as a rock without the expected stopping force. (I blame the ABS module for the latter issue.)

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
How are the 500 prices in Cali? They have already dropped 10-20k up here since the GT350 hit the media

Insane.

Ken Grody Ford has a used '14 GT500 in the showroom with 25k on it that theyre asking $65k for, but theyre ****ing schysters, they tried to corner me in their small sales office 3 of their sales guys plus sales mgr and just me to try to get me to sign some shit deal on a FiST.

There's two other 13/14s on a quick autotrader search ranging from $55k up.

There's '15 GT's going for up to $65k as well, most in the $45k-55k range though.

Dont know anyone thats getting deals anytime soon on a '15+, talking to a few dealers they cant keep them on lots and that means they usually wont be in the mood to deal with cheap ass forum trolls looking for that under msrp diamond in the rough.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I tracked my Boss stock, and tracked my Shelby on KWV3s and stock 3 year old original 25k mile tires...both were a blast. Both had room for improvement. The people downtalking the Shelby on track poise need to take a CTS-V out, then see how they feel about the "fat pig only good at a strip" Shelby...

(I only took my V out for ONE SESSION and decided I didn't want to do that anymore)

What issues with the V? I was probably going to take the V in Sept. Essentially a V couple is a little softer ZL1.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
:lol:
Yeah sure, a car from 2011 with 4 year old skinnier tires and a solid axle suspension will entice buyers. Even if it had new tires, all that torque = spin city. Nobody is going to look at the older model when the newer model has present day amenities. You know, stuff that should have been on the top dog mustang since 2010. My bros old is250 from 2008 had push button start, hell, he never even had to pull the fob out to enter or start the car. Ford finally catching up. Don't even get me started on the shitty brakes that came with any GT500.

Now for the topic, I don't think it will affect values of the GT500. If both cars were in the dealer lot, I'd opt for the newer, better loaded, better braking, better handling, lighter, more bad ass sounding car. It would be pretty embarrassing if these new GT350's can put power down better and out accelerate any of the GT500s. hahaha that would be hilarious.

Looks like the GT350 plants the power down nicely.......

[video=youtube;jp9d-HhblD0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp9d-HhblD0[/video]

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Insane.

Ken Grody Ford has a used '14 GT500 in the showroom with 25k on it that theyre asking $65k for, but theyre ****ing schysters, they tried to corner me in their small sales office 3 of their sales guys plus sales mgr and just me to try to get me to sign some shit deal on a FiST.

There's two other 13/14s on a quick autotrader search ranging from $55k up.

There's '15 GT's going for up to $65k as well, most in the $45k-55k range though.

Dont know anyone thats getting deals anytime soon on a '15+, talking to a few dealers they cant keep them on lots and that means they usually wont be in the mood to deal with cheap ass forum trolls looking for that under msrp diamond in the rough.

Oh yeah, they are completely playing on the rich, afluent coastal car buyer in C-Bad, and they dont mind holding onto the overpriced cars they got for sale. North County Ford sales are a joke. Sat in their showroom for 8 hours over two days trying to do a deal on a '14 GT last August. Walked out after enough of my time being wasted and ONLY THEN was it an issue for them. Good thing my Harley at the time droned out all their bullshit excuses and stall tactics as i rode away. ;) Glad I did because I eventually found my way to my beloved thats in my signature.

A GT500 is still a GT500. 13-14s have an easier start, but 11-12 can be made their equal relatively easily. 07-10 are beastly as well with the right cooling mods as being mandatory. In the end, the market will always be there.

Now the NEXT GT500.. if its true it is going to be a twin turbo 5.0L... ok that might cause 07-14 prices to drop. But honestly you'll be waiting forever to buy a performance car using that logic. EVERY car made will be bested by something else newer down the road. Find what you like, buy it for what you think is fair and enjoy it!

Users who are viewing this thread