GT500 Value when GT350 comes out

dru440

Established Member
Guys I have what I think is a great deal on a 2011 GT500 with everything I could want on it. The only thing stopping me is I have a suspicion that when the 16 GT350 comes out there will be many trade ins and GT500's for sale and people switching over to the GT350 which supply and demand will tell you if supply goes up the price will go down. Any input or thoughts is appreciate.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Guys I have what I think is a great deal on a 2011 GT500 with everything I could want on it. The only thing stopping me is I have a suspicion that when the 16 GT350 comes out there will be many trade ins and GT500's for sale and people switching over to the GT350 which supply and demand will tell you if supply goes up the price will go down. Any input or thoughts is appreciate.

There will certainly be those out there currently with GT500's that switch over to a GT350 (or even just add one)...

However, they're really two different vehicles. The 350 is meant to be a track car and the 500 a strip car...

As such I wouldn't expect one to really impact the other...

Now if they turned around in the next week and announced a GT500 based on the new platform then you might see prices drop...11-12 GT500 (& especially 13-14 GT500's) seem to be holding pretty steady...

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't think the price will drop a lot when the 350's come out. Should depreciate at the same rate as the past couple of years

IMO the 500 is for going fast in a straight line, with a proven powerplant that can withstand a lot before going boom.
The 350 will be a very good handling stang that also comes with a respectable HP output from factory. However, it's still TBD what's the limit for the 350 in terms of internals when it comes to trying to make it faster in a straight line.

While there may be a jump in Gt500's being traded in, I don't think they'll flood the market to the point the value drops right away.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
IF you've got a good deal, take it. I wouldn't expect the 350 (especially with it's low initial manufactured units) to eat in to GT500 prices. Heck because of that, it could have an opposite effect.

Basically, if you like the deal, do it now.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I doubt GT350 will have any effect on GT500 prices. Two different types of vehicle for completely different purposes.

the real question is how will increasing #s of hellcat chargers/challengers and C7 Z06s effect GT500 prices. They are quickly becoming obsolete and forgotten. That's what happens when the only selling point of a car is its hp and not real world performance. :poke:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I see a small drop for 11/12 GT500. The GT350 even the base should have the same or better straightline speed and kill it in the turns. All 50k. 11/12 in my area are still above 40k but I know some have purchased in the high 30s. This is the price I would target now or after the 350 release.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Interesting comments in here, I guess we use the argument that suits the thread at hand.

OP if you have a great deal take it, GT350 won't effect the price much, if any at all.

canadianbullitt

Established Member
Always a hard call if a new vehicle will impact the price of previous models. People thought the ZR1 would plummet with the C7Z coming out. Didn't really happen.

canadianbullitt

Established Member
I doubt GT350 will have any effect on GT500 prices. Two different types of vehicle for completely different purposes.

the real question is how will increasing #s of hellcat chargers/challengers and C7 Z06s effect GT500 prices. They are quickly becoming obsolete and forgotten. That's what happens when the only selling point of a car is its hp and not real world performance. :poke:

Isnt the main selling point of the Hellcat the 707HP??

snakedoctor

Established Member
I think the price will drop. I don't care that one is for straight line performance and the other one is an all around performance car. Most people who can afford these cars don't race them anyway. People that have the money to buy one will do it just to have the newest thing out. I love the GT500 but people have got to stop thinking these are made of gold.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Isnt the main selling point of the Hellcat the 707HP??

Yes but his argument is more of the fact the only reason its selling is due to its horsepower number, and if another car comes out with 750 it will render it as much yesterdays news as the hellcat did to the GT500, because theres no other redeeming qualities that people are looking for that will help keep the car in peoples wish lists.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I'll be the odd man out, I think the GT350 will have an impact on the resale of the pre-13 GT500s. Half the guys who own that car don't care what it was built for, nor do they actually drive it like intended. Once the GT350 hits the streets and they are rolling around with the exhaust open the market will grow.

nickf2005

Established Member
If you think you have a good deal available now, jump on it. I don't think there will be a considerable impact of GT500 pricing when the 350 comes out. If there is, it may take a couple years when the supply of 350's is high enough.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I think the GT500's value will be effected as much as the 2013 Shelby's effect on the value of the Boss 302 Laguna Seca. In other words, two different specialty cars with different purposes.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
If you think you have a good deal available now, jump on it. I don't think there will be a considerable impact of GT500 pricing when the 350 comes out. If there is, it may take a couple years when the supply of 350's is high enough.

Did you actually have your GT500 on an autocross? Don't you know they're a one trick pony.

BTW will be attending a track date at NOLA Motorsports park with my one trick pony.

Original question, no. Just like the 03/04's are holding value, I don't see the new car affecting the value of the 07-14 GT500's.

blk02edge

Established Member
I don't think it matters what the cars were built for, most people buy them because, ooooh shiny new mustang.

I can see the GT500 prices dropping already around here

Users who are viewing this thread