GT500 spoiler installed...

9secWS6

Established Member
OP, car looks great. I am going to get a gt500 spoiler for my 2014 when it gets here and was wondering between AM and cjpony who's paint matches best? My car is GHIG and I don't want the color to be off.
Thanks. I cant comment on cjpony but the AM matches perfect. The AM does NOT come with the gurney flap painted black, I painted mine myself. Had I not know prior how good the paint on the AM piece was I proabably would have tried cj.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
I added one to my Boss also. Best $329.00 ever spent IMO....

Bosswing1_zps67b4cb42.jpg

can you post few pictures of your boss?

GHIG'13

Established Member
Yeah, not for sure if I want the gurney flap body color or black. Since both dealers have good color matching guess the gurney flap color will determine who I buy from. Decisions, decisions. lol. Thanks for all the help.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Thanks for that post! I couldn't decide if I wanted to switch or not and now I have my answer.:beer:

Yeah, you got lucky.. I found out the hard way (Well, not THAT hard)
I almost ordered it painted. My paint guy said not to, we would paint it to be sure the Ingot silver was a perfect match. When I brought it in he took a look and showed me where it would not cover the CS Pedestal holes. WE pulled the stock spoiler off, and we could see how the second hole (closest to the rear window) were drilled differently, so we know it's a part added AFTER the manufactured vehicle. The only was around it without major body work to close the holes is find someone with a stock one that wants yours, then you just swap trunk lids.

Good Luck
RC

corysmach1

Established Member
Looks amazing! $330 painted? Its really that easy to install and no holes from factory spoiler? Also how much heavier is it than the factory spoiler?

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I installed the same grabber blue GT500 spoiler on my car. Lord have mercy that was some of the toughest double sided sticky tape I have ever had to cut through to remove the factory wing. It's the wing that should have come with the car IMO.

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
Love them and actually bought one...luckily we checked fitment on my CS before painting and found out you cant use them with a CS car because the Pedestal spoiler leaves holes in the trunk lid that are exposed with the GT500 spoiler :bash::fm::cuss:
RC

what??? Tell me it's not so.:eek: I want one but if this is true, that sucks because I have a CS.

mtrsprt

Established Member
The spoiler is very light! Strong (No flex) but still light FTW.......

9secWS6

Established Member
I installed the same grabber blue GT500 spoiler on my car. Lord have mercy that was some of the toughest double sided sticky tape I have ever had to cut through to remove the factory wing. It's the wing that should have come with the car IMO.
Aint that the truth! That factory tape is TOUGH!

jas11151990

Established Member
Thanks. I cant comment on cjpony but the AM matches perfect. The AM does NOT come with the gurney flap painted black, I painted mine myself. Had I not know prior how good the paint on the AM piece was I proabably would have tried cj.

Bought mine from Cj, paint has some swirls, clear is soft and scratches easy, fits great overall. Cant complain for the price and how they helped me out.

Justin81

Established Member
What method did you guys use to remove the old tape that everyone say is tough to remove?

Also, is the black accent flap gloss, flat, textured?

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
What method did you guys use to remove the old tape that everyone say is tough to remove?

+1 on both his questions.

Is there a write-up on how to properly allign it? If the double sided tape is as sticky as it should be im sure theres no taking it off once accicentally mounting it. Also, do any of the sellers off matte black as an option to match my Boss? ANy insight is appriciated

numbnutz

Established Member
I want one but I don't want to have the holes filled from a body shop that the CS leaves.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member

I used fishing line to separate the the spoiler from the trunk with an adhesive remover. I kept the line tight against the spoiler side. The process of removing the tape from the trunk itself was just adhesive remover, a rag, and patience.

Justin81

Established Member
Thanks. I ordered mine from CJ Pony parts today. I wanted the black center to match the GT500 diffuser i'm getting.

Users who are viewing this thread