Gt500 pcv:

t01lightning

Established Member
Is the pcv valve an emissions component. Why not just delete the entire pcv system. I thought people just ran catch can setups like on my old lx coupe with a vortech and my 04 cobra. Both i think had the pcv plugged if i remember correctly. Great info from everyone!

faztcobra

Established Member
sorry for a revival of the thread but i just ordered mine through rockauto and the ev-279 shows up under both the gt500 and gt... kinda weird. Also one is $39 the ev-279 is only $16 so hopefully i got the right one
Did you get yours yet? If so, was it the right one?

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
I was just on Fordparts.com looking at PCV hoses (installing a Moroso catch can) and I noticed that the EV-279 PCV valve is listed as a stock replacement part for the 5.0 GT engine. EV-269 is also listed. It looks like the only difference is that the 279 has an electric heater and the 269 does not. No other PCV valves are listed for my VIN, whether there are other parts for other VINs.

EV-269: MOD 5.0L-4V Dual Over Head Cam SEFI NA ; Less Electric Heated PCV, Valve Only

EV-279: MOD 5.0L-4V Dual Over Head Cam SEFI NA ; With Electric Heated PCV, Valve Only

ridenfish39

Established Member
Bump for any new info......

I just ordered one. My 2012 has always burned a quart every 1200 miles or so, I'm at 33,000 now. (Back to Ford Racing tune the last several months after all the bad Bama hype)
It doesn't smoke at idle...but, after a long highway cruise it has puffed out smoke a few times when I started the car after sitting a few hours. I always get oil in my JLT catch can, but I think most of it is blowing right by it. If this doesn't stop it I'm trading it in. I love the damn car but it's stressful thinking how many quarts of oil have been burned through the motor and how long it will last like this.

Users who are viewing this thread