GT500 and the Z06

BEAVER SNIFFER

Established Member
C5_z51_6spd said:
Wow, 636rwhp 696rwtq well Driven GT500 = 11.06 @ 128.9 is EQUIVALENT/CONGRUENT to a well driven "BONE STOCK" 450rwhp 412rwtq C6Z06 = 11.06 @ 127.8 :lol:

Not quite an official Z06 eater yet!!! Nice car though

To my knowledge, a C6 Z06 has not achieved such results in stock form with factory tires, etc; "bone stock" as you refer to. Can you provide a link or evidence to said claim?

TEABG

Banned
dgussin1 said:
ummm...evolution ran 10.40 @ 133 w/ 596rwhp...and you are a douchebag for starting this thread btw.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

TEABG

Banned
BEAVER SNIFFER said:
To my knowledge, a C6 Z06 has not achieved such results in stock form with factory tires, etc; "bone stock" as you refer to. Can you provide a link or evidence to said claim?

Someone will bring up that GAY person name RANGER.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Obviously the GT500 was on street tires, or there was something very wrong with the car, end of story. Equal traction, meaning slicks for both cars and math says the GT500 would run over the vette.
Where most C6Z06 drivers race, the highway, the GT500 would again win.
I also agree that you (c5z51whatever) add nothing useful to this forum whatsoever.

Last edited:

whitecobra2387

Established Member
C5_z51_6spd said:
i dunno why i posted this, i guess b/c im in a bad mood right now, but i hate how everyone thinks this F'N shelby gt500 is the cream of the crop...call me what you want i don't care and no i didn't get banned from the vette boards...

it is the cream of the crop, best mustang you can buy now!!! How happy does it make you feel that gt 500 is slower than z06 big deal you have faster car good job wow

Last edited:

bunk22

Established Member

SteveEvo8

Established Member
BlackBolt9 said:
When GM or Dodge finally get around to building a car that is in the same catagory as the GT500. Since they have no similar vehicle they are jealous and have to rag on what we have by comparing two totally different types of vehicles.

Last time i checked i believe the person who made this thread was not the CEO of GM or Dodge. But a fan/owner of the c6z did. I don't think any owner of the c6z or gt500 have anything to be jealous of each other. Obviously the ones that have the GT500 now have it for a reason, and price is not the main reason. As a lot of the GT500's sold did go for well over MSRP

Fourcam330 said:
Obviously the GT500 was on street tires, or there was something very wrong with the car, end of story. Equal traction, meaning slicks for both cars and math says the GT500 would run over the vette.
Where most C6Z06 drivers race, the highway, the GT500 would again win.
I also agree that you (c5z51whatever) add nothing useful to this forum whatsoever.

I am not quite sure what math you are using, please elaborate more on your point.

ac427cobra said:
FYI the new Shelby is one of the coolest Mustangs ever built! Bar none!:read:

Can you compare it to a new Z06? NFW What kind of a moron would?!?! :shrug:

Is the new Z06 a bad ass car? You bet! Will you ever catch me in one?!?! NFW I'd much rather pass them than own one!! Most people in those cars that take them to the track can't drive them!? And I'm NOT talking about Ranger on the 1,320 either!! :idea:

Give me a Ford GT (ok it's twice the price of the Z06? Well, the Z06 is almost twice the price of the GT500!) and I guarantee you, your Z06 is going to go down!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Thank god you can compare the Ford GT and the C6Z... If you say its unfair to compare the c6z to the gt500 because of price, why is it fair to compare the Ford GT to the c6z? I guess i don't see how you can compare any of these cars.

Heres a thought, the GT500 is a AWESOME car, and the c6z is an AWESOME car. Both 2 totally different cars, and both with 2 totally different price tags. Both appealing to 2 totally different markets.

Just my 2 cents guys.

Steve

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
SteveEvo8 said:
Last time i checked i believe the person who made this thread was not the CEO of GM or Dodge. But a fan/owner of the c6z did. I don't think any owner of the c6z or gt500 have anything to be jealous of each other. Obviously the ones that have the GT500 now have it for a reason, and price is not the main reason. As a lot of the GT500's sold did go for well over MSRP

I was not saying the C6Z owner was jealous of the GT500. I was trying to make the point that the reason the C6Z gets compared to the GT500 is only because GM and Dodge don't have a similar product that we can compare to the GT500. The "jealousy" I was referring to was merely that the GM and Dodge people could be jealous they don't even have a similar product to argue is better.

magred

Established Member
BlackBolt9 said:
I was not saying the C6Z owner was jealous of the GT500. I was trying to make the point that the reason the C6Z gets compared to the GT500 is only because GM and Dodge don't have a similar product that we can compare to the GT500. The "jealousy" I was referring to was merely that the GM and Dodge people could be jealous they don't even have a similar product to argue is better.
Actually most of the time it is the other way around in which Ford guys compare the GT500 to the C6Z06. And I agree, you can't compare these two cars. They are different types of cars.

C5_z51_6spd

Banned
BEAVER SNIFFER said:

HAHA, check it out:
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601742&highlight=ranger

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=592032&page=1

C6Z06 Bone-Stock on Stock Tires—New Best 11.24 127.03 :
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588894

C6Z06 Bone-Stock on Drag Radials -- New Best 11.06 127.80:
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=600279&page=1

C5_z51_6spd

Banned
whitecobra2387 said:
it is the cream of the crop, best mustang you can buy now!!! How happy does it make you feel that gt 500 is slower than z06 big deal you have faster car good job wow

I still think the 03-04 Cobras look better and the GT500's are huge, gawky, and non-sporty at all...It looks like a 2 door sedan or something..

Fourcam330

Established Member
SteveEvo8 said:
I am not quite sure what math you are using, please elaborate more on your point.

Any basic HP/weight formula. 636rw=748 flywheel HP at 15% DT loss for the Shelby, and 450rw=529 flywheel HP for the Z06. Assuming 200lb drivers for both cars, and real tires, suspension, diff (for the vette) "math" says the GT500 is capable of running 10.29@133mph vs. 10.70@128mph.
Obviously you can milk more of the Vette's potential in stock or near stock trim from a dig than you can with the Shelby, afterall it is a dedicated sports car platform. From a roll the advantage again goes to the Shelby, especially when taking into consideration the MASSIVE torque difference.

Last edited:

C5_z51_6spd

Banned
magred said:
Actually most of the time it is the other way around in which Ford guys compare the GT500 to the C6Z06. And I agree, you can't compare these two cars. They are different types of cars.

that's exactly what i'm talking about....GT500 guys are always like pulley here, pulley there, tune only = 480rwhp, 575rwhp C6Z eater this and that when they are comparing a modded full bolton GT500 to a stock c6Z...Then when you bring up a C6Z with heads/cam, longtubes, CAI and tune, GT500 owners turn into cowards and start blabbering about the price difference of the cars, the different market, and all the other nit picky excuses they can come up with. Then they (gt500 guys) are hypocrits saying the c6z is not in their class b/c of price difference and then turn it into a c6z and Ford gt slug fest. A c6z is $75k and a Ford GT is $150k, which is more of a signifigant difference than a gt500 and C6z06, and on top of that, the C6Z is still dragging the Ford GT's ass up and down and all over the damn road; handling, braking, straightline accel, etc....

TEABG

Banned
C5_z51_6spd said:

:lol: One gay person name Ranger has done it so that is empirical evidence. Who knows what is done to the car. A person in a Accufab Ford GT can claim his car is stock and post retard numbers. Far fetch guy!! Told you someone would bring up RANGER ***, Marsha Marsha Marsha.

Last edited:

SteveEvo8

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Any basic HP/weight formula. 636rw=748 flywheel HP at 15% DT loss for the Shelby, and 450rw=529 flywheel HP for the Z06. Assuming 200lb drivers for both cars, and real tires, suspension, diff (for the vette) "math" says the GT500 is capable of running 10.29@133mph vs. 10.70@128mph.
Obviously you can milk more of the Vette's potential in stock or near stock trim from a dig than you can with the Shelby, afterall it is a dedicated sports car platform. From a roll the advantage again goes to the Shelby, especially when taking into consideration the MASSIVE torque difference.

Since when has a stock GT500 put down 636whp stock? Why do people compare modded vs stock. Sorry but your math is off. Stop comparing modded to stock. Look at the cars stock vs stock.

Steve

Fourcam330

Established Member
C5_z51_6spd said:
that's exactly what i'm talking about....GT500 guys are always like pulley here, pulley there, tune only = 480rwhp, 575rwhp C6Z eater this and that when they are comparing a modded full bolton GT500 to a stock c6Z...Then when you bring up a C6Z with heads/cam, longtubes, CAI and tune, GT500 owners turn into cowards and start blabbering about the price difference of the cars, the different market, and all the other nit picky excuses they can come up with. Then they (gt500 guys) are hypocrits saying the c6z is not in their class b/c of price difference and then turn it into a c6z and Ford gt slug fest. A c6z is $75k and a Ford GT is $150k, which is more of a signifigant difference than a gt500 and C6z06, and on top of that, the C6Z is still dragging the Ford GT's ass up and down and all over the damn road; handling, braking, straightline accel, etc....

What ****ing planet do you live on? :shrug: The fact of the matter is you can leave the lot for under $45k in a new GT500 coupe, and not less than $72k for a new C6 Z06. That's a 63% difference in cost, which IMO anyway, is fairly significant. This topic has been beaten to death already, enough said. :rollseyes
Why the hell are you comparing a GT500 to a Z06 anyway, let's pit the car in question against your POS vanilla C6. LMAO, put to shame by a 3900# "pig":lol1:

Last edited:

C5_z51_6spd

Banned
TEABG said:
:lol: One gay person name Ranger has done it so that is empirical evidence. Who knows what is done to the car. A person in a Accufab Ford GT can claim his car is stock and post retard numbers. Far fetch guy!! Told you someone would bring up RANGER ***, Marsha Marsha Marsha.

Denial:pepper:

S.W. and many others were getting good times out their bone stock C6Z's also...

BEAVER SNIFFER

Established Member
C5_z51_6spd said:

Thanks.

If this guy (Ranger) does intake/exhaust/tune like many do, he would have no problem running in the 10.XX's.

Great find.

C5_z51_6spd

Banned
SteveEvo8 said:
Since when has a stock GT500 put down 636whp stock? Why do people compare modded vs stock. Sorry but your math is off. Stop comparing modded to stock. Look at the cars stock vs stock.

Steve

might want to talk to the GT500 owners about that....they are good at it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread