GT350 v C7 Grand Sport

CO Mack

Established Member
bro if I made 200k salary i'd live in Georgia and have a 10 car garage packed with sexi's. especially with no kids or wife.

im grown up just about as much as I ever wanna grow up. im good right here. :rockon:

A while back I watched a video of some guy in a Ferrari get in a wreck that wasn't his fault, he basically treated it like spilled milk. I've seen other exotic wrecks where you think there's going to be a murder.

I'd buy an exotic only if it represented a small enough portion of my world that I could be like the first guy. Making $200k it's not...that Ferrari is years of after tax labor, a GT350 is months.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Brother, the Stock exhaust on my C7Z is the best sounding production system I've ever heard. I just got a used 3K mile, A8, 3LZ 2015 C7Z for 79K. It's a hellava car and don't believe all the overheating garbage that's spread over the internet. You have to be an advanced driver and want to do 20+ minute session in 80+ degree weather before this even becomes an issue.
[video=youtube;udSolPpcHwE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udSolPpcHwE[/video]
I've been around many Chevy's with every kind of exhaust and have never liked how they've sounded... and that clip did not help at all lol. And a cammed sbc sounds even worse, mostly sounds like just noise to me. The Hemi's and Ford's definitely sound better stock or modded IMO.

I'm sure at WOT they sound fine, but idle, revving, and part throttle load they just do not sound good at all to me.

All that aside, I'm definitely leaning towards the C7 (GS or Z06) overall tho. I have plenty of time to think about it. Maybe wait to see if the Zora is real and if it's something worth considering. I know GM has been talking about a mid engine Corvette forever now, so it's likely just a unicorn.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Have you heard a GT350 or R in person? Makes the C7Z sound like an angry weed whacker in comparison.

Nope. I'm sure it sounds nasty. Not sure how anybody could think this sounds like a weed whacker, to each his own. [video=youtube;UHdutoDVN3Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHdutoDVN3Q[/video]

Oh god, it does sound like an angry weed whacker now that you've said that. What has been heard, cannot be unheard. :lol:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I would go GT350! Of those that have driven both all praise the Shelby. GS or Z will both be faster on track however as a daily driver you won't be able to use it to capabilities. Hell I can't with the Fiesta ST people go around corners way too slow.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
I'm having a really hard time deciding which to get. 33, Single, no kids, $200,000/yr. It may be my DD, still debating keeping my current daily ('11 Sonata).

I used to daily the '03 Cobra convertible, but traded it for my Sonata. The Cobra wasn't too fun to DD since I had delrin bushings all around, subframes, HR race springs (slammed). Car creaked like crazy, not a fan of converts at all, and had 115,000 miles when I traded it in.

To add, my true toy will still be my 427ci '69 Mach1.

I wish there was a GT350 in the area I could listen to and look at close up. I've seen one on the freeway, but that's about it.

As for the Grand Sport, I can look at the Z06 and know what it'll look like. Both cars have their plusses and minuses, just wish the decision was easier on which to choose. I'm really going to try to keep either car mostly stock. What do you guys think?

BTW, please don't mention ZL1 as an option. HELL NO.

idontbel_zpsrmjydvzm.gif

krt22

Established Member
All that aside, I'm definitely leaning towards the C7 (GS or Z06) overall tho. I have plenty of time to think about it. Maybe wait to see if the Zora is real and if it's something worth considering. I know GM has been talking about a mid engine Corvette forever now, so it's likely just a unicorn.
Since you have plenty of time, I'd really encourage you to hit up the shelby event at the blackhawk museum on May 7th. Finding a 350 at sticker locally is tough, but plenty of deals to be had out of state.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Since you have plenty of time, I'd really encourage you to hit up the shelby event at the blackhawk museum on May 7th. Finding a 350 at sticker locally is tough, but plenty of deals to be had out of state.
I really wish I could, but I don't have weekends off.

conceptmachine

Established Member
You never know, The Zora may come soon... At minimum the zr1.
200k/year would be tough over there, even being single, I'd think. I had a buddy 17 odd years ago who worked in Compton...at a factory there. He took his measly wage and rode his bike to work for 3 years. Moved to the Midwest and bought a dream home free and clear.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
The GT350...

While the C7/GS is attractive and I'm sure it will perform great, it's just not going to hold its value like the GT350 will.

The GT350 and GT350R would be a great decision if you had serious plans on the weekend, as would the C7/GS. Both cars are nearly geometrically identical and were built on an optimal footprint for a mid-size 2 Door Coupe. The GT350 is quite unique in most other places.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The GT350...

While the C7/GS is attractive and I'm sure it will perform great, it's just not going to hold its value like the GT350 will.

The GT350 and GT350R would be a great decision if you had serious plans on the weekend, as would the C7/GS. Both cars are nearly geometrically identical and were built on an optimal footprint for a mid-size 2 Door Coupe. The GT350 is quite unique in most other places.

Hell, where did you come from?
This site is so much nicer without your innuendo that you pass on as fact.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Hell, where did you come from?
This site is so much nicer without your innuendo that you pass on as fact.

Was you referring to the GT500 vs. ZL1 debate or the GT350 vs. z28?

Because, it was a fact, both Mustang's ruled on both those Camaro's :)

You need to refresh thePill's memory.

Wait... was it the claim that a 2013 GT500 prototypes were running 7:30-7:40 at Nurburgring?

Didn't SID post a video of a, closer to production GT500 running a 7:39?

:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread