GT350 owner's Supplement

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I found this interesting. Page 57.

Timing Chain
If you use your vehicle extensively at a race
track or at high rpm, it is possible to exceed
the service life of the engine timing chain.
A wrench indicator light will illuminate
when it is time for you to replace your
chain. See an authorized dealer.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Nothing wrong with that for a motor that's raced. I think timing chains get overlooked on hard driven cars. I'm glad they've done that.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I found this interesting. Page 57.

Timing Chain
If you use your vehicle extensively at a race
track or at high rpm, it is possible to exceed
the service life of the engine timing chain.
A wrench indicator light will illuminate
when it is time for you to replace your
chain. See an authorized dealer.

That's insane.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Nice find! Only Tob would zero in on the lugnut torque specs right away! :)

With slightly larger hardware than used in the S197, it would make sense that the values have gone up. I went back and looked at the GT500 supplements from '07-'14 as well as the regular S550 Mustang manual for comparison.

Lug%20nut%20torque%20specs%20copy.jpg

Interesting that the spec for the GT350 is a little more explicit with the inclusion of the +/- 15 lb-ft. So you could be at 165 lb-ft and still be within spec, quite a bit above that of the S197 (there's obviously a similar +/- spec there too but Ford just didn't care to show it). Regardless, that's quite a bump, especially given the use of CF wheels (and the requisite inserts they use).

krt22

Established Member
With a larger wheel stud, they would need to increase the torque value to arrive at the same clamping force. And with a larger stud/nut, they are increasing the total surface area, so the total pressure at those faces won't be as much as the delta between the two torque values. Still a decent bump though, 16300lbs of clamp load per stud vs 12000 with withe S197 values.

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
I am really curious as to how this,

"Your vehicle is equipped with an electronic powertrain feature to reduce clutch damage. When excessive clutch slip is
detected at a high power level, the powertrain control module will limit torque to reduce damage to the clutch. Full power
is restored as soon as the clutch is fully engaged. This feature is calibrated in a way that does not interfere with normal driving
and does not impede maximum acceleration capability."

, is supposed to work.

Does it pull timing from the charge motion controller or a softened fuel curve/pressure, or what? Really curious...

Users who are viewing this thread