GT350 manifold on a 11-14 engine

AKDMB

Established Member
Glad it worked out! Looks like a pretty good gain. Amazing how this worked just as intended even with a different throttle body, different heads and no IMRC.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
If you look at the IMRC plates it's pretty obvious they only come into play at part throttle operation. The holes are tiny. I tried to measure the difference in size between the stock runner openings and the GT350. It's really close, to the point being difficult to accurately determine without spending time I didn't have. They really look about identical. The throttle body was tricky. I could buy a ported stock unit or spent $500+ on an 84.5 Accufab. According to Shaun, the Accufab likely wouldn't be as linear through the peddle range as the stock TB. Since I road course the car more than drag race, I decided to leave this alone for now. Everyone agrees, it's likely leaving some hp on the table. If SCT ever releases parameters for the S550 tb's I'll probably still try it out of curiosity.

Here is another chart with both the HP and TQ curves. You can see by the crossover point that their RPM's are not 100% accurate on this printout. We ran the car right to 7500rpm which was recorded on the SCT/LiveLink data logging.

2012MustangGT350-DynojetHP_zpsjul6elbj.jpg

Last edited:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Great news, and thanks for all the info!! And of course, I will be the one asking.... would you mind posting the torque curves comparison ?

thanks

They didn't provide me with the same overlay for torque numbers but I do have all the detail data now. So when I get a chance I use it to plot a new graph. In the meantime here is the detail with deviation in yellow for torque and HP. PM me your email if you want the actual Excel and I'll send it to you.

GT350IntakeDynoPlot1_zpskpduezle.jpg

GT350IntakeDynoPlot2_zpsmt4xpyfa.jpg

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
This is great news! Awesome results, the only downside is some of us may have shrinking bank accounts in the near future.

rotarymagic

Established Member
I'm curious what the difference in performance at the track will be between a ported boss, ported CJ, and GT350 manifold for an A6 car.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
TheVikingRL, you have done this community a GREAT service, thank you!

I am extremely impressed with the results of this manifold, especially with the stock throttle body and stock exhaust manifolds. I have followed this manifold really closely with the S550 crowd and was actually going to get started on this mod myself some time ago. Only issue was I had a manifold but no car! lol Now I have a car and no manifold :mj: Hopefully the GT350 throttle mapping is figured out soon, it's an issue using them on the S550 GT's as well, not just the S197. If not, I'll get with Maxbore to open an extra t/b I have sitting around.

Again, thank you so much and congrats on the huge gains!

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
They didn't provide me with the same overlay for torque numbers but I do have all the detail data now. So when I get a chance I use it to plot a new graph. In the meantime here is the detail with deviation in yellow for torque and HP. PM me your email if you want the actual Excel and I'll send it to you.

GT350IntakeDynoPlot1_zpskpduezle.jpg

GT350IntakeDynoPlot2_zpsmt4xpyfa.jpg

Wonder what the difference in gains would be between this and the CJ manifold.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Any seat time or dragstrip time i am curious of what u think as far as the car picking up, in a straight line. Shaun and I were talking about this set up for my car since i have no hood clearance for a cobra jet. Is the power and torque loss noticable?

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
You can feel the car pick up in the upper PRM's, especially as you run past 6k where the stock manifold would start to nose over. Now it will pull hard to the 7500rpm limiter. Per the dyno comparison, there is no real loss at lower RPM's and I could never feel much difference from my prior tune/cai-only configuration.

If I could find someone local with a CobraJet intake to borrow I would definitely install it and dyno for comparision. Would also be very curious to see how they would all compare. Just not going to spend $1700+ to find out.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
What parameters are you waiting for? I've been trying to get them to get me access to wheel torque error for months :(

Shaun had told me at one point but but I've since forgotten. I know SCT has been adding parameters to resolve the issue but as of 4/27 Shaun was still getting a check engine light whenever he tries to run the 87mm tb.

BlackStripes

Established Member
Shaun and I were talking about this set up for my car since i have no hood clearance for a cobra jet. Is the power and torque loss noticable?

That's my situation also, I am personally waiting only for the TB data, once we know it's worth it, I will be getting the new intake, the last thing I want is getting a tune for the older TB and then realize that the GT350 TB actually helps... :)

Users who are viewing this thread