GT350 manifold on a 11-14 engine

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So will the GT350 IM work on 11-14s? I've heard different things. I've called Steeda, Bama, LMR, CJ Pony, MMR(Emailed-no respone), Ford techs asking if this mani will fit and no one knew or basically said no. But some people I've talked to say that it will or they say try it and if it doesn't send it back... and I don't want to do that. I'll just go the cj route instead. This just seems cooler imo. Plus I can tell people it's stock

Yes, they do fit the 11-14, a tune is suggested and any simple window switch can operate the IMRC for those that do not wish to delete them.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
FYI, the IMRC's simply block off most of the runner in the closed position. It's not a variable length intake and there are no additional passages to the plenum. I have no idea what RPM they activate, but looking at the amount of runner that's blocked I would assume it's pretty low in the RPM range during full throttle.

ChargeMotionValveClosed_zpsr4oyxhao.jpg

Looking at the overall design it's very similar to the stock Coyote manifold. Runner length is similar and obviously longer than the the Boss/CJ. Even without the IMRC operating it's hard to believe this would not make better torque across the curve. How much of a mismatch at the head occurs and what affect it might have is still an open question.

STOUTGT

Established Member
...but looking at the amount of runner that's blocked I would assume it's pretty low in the RPM range during full throttle.

ChargeMotionValveClosed_zpsr4oyxhao.jpg

The plate reduces the intake area to increase the velocity of the air charge at part throttle, to improve part-throttle driveability and torque.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
The plate reduces the intake area to increase the velocity of the air charge at part throttle, to improve part-throttle driveability and torque.

Thanks. That would make a lot more sense considering the size of the opening. And makes the overall effect of losing them difficult to demonstrate on a dyno.

Matthew Gray

Established Member
@MMR Actually I did get an email. For some reason it initially went into my spam.

Thanks!

Last edited:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
So do you plan on taking these out?

You can't take them out easily as the shaft holes would leave a huge vacuum leak not easily resolved. What I did was pin them in the open position with some safety wire.

GT350IntakeModifications1_zpsk4muzn3o.jpg

Really I should have drilled holes for the safety wiring to be done properly but didn't want to make any permanent modifications to the manifold in case I decide to sell it. So just removed all the stock hoses and vacuum diaphragms to help clean things up a bit. You could also leave everything as it defaults to the open position when no signal is received.

ChargeMotionActuator_zpsb5flmvjm.jpg

q6543

Established Member
Bump.....need more.

want to do this just for nostalgia of putting a gt40 intake on a fox

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Can't wait to see results of this.

Definitely, we have seen results on S550s, but the S550 isn't a good comparison, different heads and they can control the IMRCs. I have a feeling the CJ will remain king, a shop that I cannot recall at the moment put a CJ on a GT350 and saw gains thru the entire RPM range. Again not an apples to apples comparison with our cars, but interesting to say the least

Bump.....need more.

Those were the good old days! I had a used 94GT in college, it was my 1st hotrod..I still remember coming home and installing ported GT40 heads, B303 cam, and GT40 intake mani in one 'long' weekend...That was a great little combo back in the day, later on pulled the B303 for an F303.

speed_monkey

Established Member
I'm waiting for more testing but I am really interested in this intake. I have the 15 heads on my late 14 gt and I think the valves would be easy to set up with a window switch as someone else posted already. This intake, long tubes, and some comp stage 3's with no limiters should make for a nice street car with a broad powerband and punchy part throttle. Orrrr I just save all that money and get boost. lol

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
NE weather has not helped much and I was not able to get Shaun logs for my stock intake tuning. Hopefully will do some logging tomorrow or over the weekend and get things moving again. Once Shaun sends a revised/final file I'll try to get a quick dyno run in, have 3 somewhat local places I can use. Then swap the intake and get a revised tune from Shaun for the 87mm tb. When I spoke to him last he was still willing to attempt a tune for the TB, but only on the GT350 intake.

In the meantime I was playing around with fitting the stock engine cover. Decided for now to leave the runners black since the webbing and IMRC hardware mounting points would be much more visible. Still need to fabricate the mounting points for this cover which is certainly the meat of the effort here. First picture is highlighting where the interference exists, others are with some rough cutting of the stock cover to clear.

GT350EngineCoverFittingIssues_zpskxfkaxwy.jpg

GT350EngineCover2_zpsyfldsdza.jpg

GT350EngineCover1_zps9cvdvmaj.jpg

Last edited:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Bump.....need more.

Best looking intake Ford has ever made IMO.

I'm waiting for more testing but I am really interested in this intake. I have the 15 heads on my late 14 gt and I think the valves would be easy to set up with a window switch as someone else posted already.

Still don't think they are worth the effort since they appear to operate only at part throttle and always open at full throttle.

Last edited:

speed_monkey

Established Member
Still don't think they are worth the effort since they appear to operate only at part throttle and always open at full throttle.

Sure it wouldn't help a dyno chart, but it's my daily car for now not a race car. So an improvement at part throttle where the car spends most of it's time seems worthwhile.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Super excited for results

I can't tell you how excited I am that you are doing this, I can't fit the cobra jet under my stock hood and its too expensive to paint a mystic cowl hood. So this is an awesome alternative for me, checking daily for you results good luck and thanks again.

ford20

Established Member
So it was beautiful last weekend and going to be beautiful this weekend. Some good days for some data logging hahaha.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
So it was beautiful last weekend and going to be beautiful this weekend. Some good days for some data logging hahaha.

I even drove it to store last night while it was starting to snow. So yea, I'm trying:) Will definitely burn the old tank out over the weekend and get some new data logs sent.

Users who are viewing this thread