GT350 looks to be in near future

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
Car looks to be bred from the prototype GT500's that had 4.6's in them.

Posted by Robert Lane
"This all started from an article we published on 08 December 05 stating that some prototype GT500s have 4.6L engines in them. Since then, speculation has it that a GT350 is on the way. Shelby is coming out with a new car on 12 April - it might be the GT350 H."

You can read more here

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=591

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
Wasn't the GT 350H originally the Hertz model only? I seriously doubt they will ever do that again, especially since Ford sold Hertz.

Now a Terminator engine going in a new GT 350 sounds exciting. I also heard rumors of a Boss 5.0 being produced with the FR500 5.0 cammer motor, but have not heard more about it lately. Now that would make an awesome road race platform!

Last edited:

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Big Ben said:
Now a Terminator engine going in a new GT 350 sounds exciting. I also heard rumors of a Boss 5.0 being produced with the FR500 5.0 cammer motor, but have not heard more about it lately. Now that would make an awesome road race platform!

Terminator motor in the new platform is a waste of time...

Now... our 5.0 Cammer option... is a great idea! Anything light weight... would be fun!

Dave

Tony Alonso

Established Member
The GT350H concept, according to the Edmunds article, has a slightly modified 4.6L 3V motor (about 20 hp more than the stock GT). Any talk about a 4.6L supercharged engine comes from the speculation raised when GT500 prototypes were using this for testing purposes only.

I agree the GT350H mentioned in the Edmunds story is somewhat of a waste for consumers and more a marketing move. People can easily make a similar car today with the aftermarket parts available. If you are a collector and can later buy a used 350H rental car, I would assume it would be worth something in the future.

I also would love to see a 5.0L Cammer, but it seems unlikely, given Ford's current financial situation.

Last edited:

SVT-03

Established Member
Motortrend seems to think the car slotted below the GT500 will be the boss 330, with a NA 5.4, 389 hp, and weigh in at around 3700 lbs.

SGL

Banned
SVT-03 said:
Motortrend seems to think the car slotted below the GT500 will be the boss 330, with a NA 5.4, 389 hp, and weigh in at around 3700 lbs.

With a cast iron block it's also a waste of time. The recipe is simple: All aluminum 5.4, 400hp, (dumbed down version of the Ford GT block with wet sump and could be used in the F150 and SUVs), 6 speed, stiffer springs and shocks than a regular GT, 4 piston calipers on 13inch rotors (old Cobra R parts bin or new FRPP Focus RS parts bin), 17inch wheels. Make the handling and performance fall in between the GT and the Shelby. Price it around 33~35k. Coupe bodies only to reduce complexity in the plant. And voila! Ford could probably sell 10 to 15,000 of these each year. The drag racers would love it. It would probably kill sales of the Mustang GT though. Call it none other than: Bullit.

Ladies and gents: We have a winner!

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
serpentnoir said:
With a cast iron block it's also a waste of time. The recipe is simple: All aluminum 5.4, 400hp, (dumbed down version of the Ford GT block with wet sump and could be used in the F150 and SUVs), 6 speed, stiffer springs and shocks than a regular GT, 4 piston calipers on 13inch rotors (old Cobra R parts bin or new FRPP Focus RS parts bin), 17inch wheels. Make the handling and performance fall in between the GT and the Shelby. Price it around 33~35k. Coupe bodies only to reduce complexity in the plant. And voila! Ford could probably sell 10 to 15,000 of these each year. The drag racers would love it. It would probably kill sales of the Mustang GT though. Call it none other than: Bullit.

Ladies and gents: We have a winner!

Bingo!!! Just about perfect...but it should "out-handle" the Shelby...being lighter with better weight distribution. Still like the idea of the Shelby body work and GT350 branding over the Bullitt theme. A better fit for a new aluminum 5.4, I'd think. Hell, don't even put the Shelby label on it...just GT350. :thumbsup:

chuckstang

Established Member
Big Ben said:
Wasn't the GT 350H originally the Hertz model only? I seriously doubt they will ever do that again, especially since Ford sold Hertz.

that aint happening
the engine is not reliable enough and can not pass emssions
fourcam could explain in greater detail

Users who are viewing this thread