GT350 Dealer Nightmare Part 2 (3 Month+ Engine Replacement & More)

What should I do next?

• Sell it after splitter and rattle fixed? (5.5 yrs warranty left, transferrable)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TXRickC

Established Member
The splitter requires a lot of fasteners and some are not as obvious as the others. I was fortunate to by my 2018 new and it had the splitter in a sealed box inside the car still.
I installed it, wasn't hard at all since I had the install sheet with the box and a bag of hardware.

I can see though a service shop leaving several screws off because of the angle/position they are at.

Ford recently had another batch made/restocked so thankfully they are available still. $350ish from tasca ford parts.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
What a nightmare OP!
Seems to me that if you want a GT350 that is reliable and won't burn excessive amount of oil you need to have the engine built. I would love to have one because of the unique engine but the potential headache is not worth it. Although a built one with turbos would be killer.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The voodoo is simply a special coyote. Really nothing too fancy other than the crank. Blocks are extremely similar, rods, pistons, cylinder heads, most of this stuff interchanges.

There is no magic here. I'd love to get my hands on one and rebuild it. After building my Gen 3 coyote in my TT car, there isnt anything to be worried about as it relates to building the voodoo.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Get it fixed and find a new dealer and service department - and make these jokers buy it back. Move on. You'll never get the bad taste out of your mouth from this one.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep. **** dealers and most mechanics. Can’t trust any of them.

After having my Ford's warranty work completed by the dealer I take them to a trusted shop and pay to have the dealer work inspected. EVERY time they bring me out and show me the dealer **** ups. It's quite unbelievable how miserable Ford Service is at servicing their own shoddy vehicles. One would think the techs would gain plenty of experience working on shite cars everyday.

For example, had a tie rod knocking. Ford replaced it under warranty. F'd my alignment and the car wandered all over the road. Trusted shop found they didn't tighten anything to Ford's own specs, near everything was loose, and alignment was way off.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
After having my Ford's warranty work completed by the dealer I take them to a trusted shop and pay to have the dealer work inspected. EVERY time they bring me out and show me the dealer **** ups. It's quite unbelievable how miserable Ford Service is at servicing their own shoddy vehicles. One would think the techs would gain plenty of experience working on shite cars everyday.

For example, had a tie rod knocking. Ford replaced it under warranty. F'd my alignment and the car wandered all over the road. Trusted shop found they didn't tighten anything to Ford's own specs, near everything was loose, and alignment was way off.

To be fair I've had screw ups from dealers (multiple brands) AND plenty of independent shops.

And I'll tell you it's not any different in the business world. Just this week I had to talk to FOUR vendors about massive F-ups they made.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a 19 350 with 17k miles which we bought just over a year ago. Hearing stories like this makes me nervous.

We just bought a Ford ESP that's good until August of 2030. But I honestly have only put maybe 200 miles on it since we bought it.....I really need to drive it more.

If I was in your shoes I'd stick it out a little longer. Hopefully you can experience and enjoy what these cars can offer.

Luckily I have a good friendship with our local Ford dealership.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
This is easy for me to say, but:
- Life is too short, you already lost a summer.
- Every time you drive it, you will always, always, have that doubt in your mind of, "what next"?
- I'd get out asap.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Users who are viewing this thread