GT3 Vs R1 in Nurburgring, GT3>R1

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
alaskablkmach said:
Like I said that was a R6 in the vid. And look up real race car times and bike times THEY DONT EVEN COMPARE!!!
Nurburgring laptimes:

Bikes:
Ducati 1098 S - 7:29
Aprilia RSV1000R - 7:33
Honda VFR750R - 7:50

Cars:
Porsche Carrera GT - 7.28
Porsche 997 GT2 - 7:32
Zonda F - 7.33
Koenigsegg CCR: 7:34

Seems like the top bikes and the top cars are about the same

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
alaskablkmach said:
Hate to burst all of your bubbles but he didnt know how to ride plus it was a 06-07 R6 not an R1 you can tell by the taillight. Put me on that i bet my bike nothing on 4 wheels will touch me. You ever wath motorcycle racing/ Cars on the same courses cant even compete with bike times or speeds. I have took 70 degree turns at like 90 when cars take it at like 50-60 tops. And that was weak for me. I didnt have skins. So I didnt push it. Look at Laguna secca track times Bikes vs Cars thet arent even close dude.

Race cars vs race bikes?
or
Steet cars vs race bikes?

A recent poll for superbikes at laguna seca was 1.23, while the C6R can lap it at 1.17

JRock

Established Member
5.4 speedster said:
that bike wasnt being ridden anywhere close to its limit.
put a real rider on there
excuses excuses. Put a pro driver in the car then too. :rollseyes

DEAD EYE

You must defeat Shenglong
Established Member
KwObAbY said:
Yes it will. However, we are talking about a fully prepped car here. Porsches are made to handle. especially the higher end 1's.

Now if we aren't talking about a car that is 100's of thousands of dollars then no. I remember reading the article about a Gsx-r 1k in like 01-02. They matched it up against a great car in the z06. It wasn't even funny how bad the bike spanked the Z06 in every single category including around a race track :shrug:

My favorite part of that test though was how the 1k went from 0-100-0 before the Z06 even get close to 100 :eek:

I remember that article. The bike had a professional rider with race tires. Then the bike rider (unfamiliar with the car) drives the car on street rubber. Corvette magazine later ran a Z06 with R compound tires on the track and closed the time gap but didn't beat the bikes time. It was a different day though.:shrug:

alaskablkmach

Established Member
Yeah look at those bike the fastest bike in the world is a GSX-r 1000 not a overrated over priced ducati or apprilla. I have rode a raced all those and then some and they are not impressive. Those are street bikes in that vid and times. Now if you wanna talk the F-1 race cars and race bikes then the F-1 is a bit quicker but not much. But were not talking about them.

alaskablkmach

Established Member
Matt Miladen is only like mayabe a second slower than a F-1 grand prix car and he rides a suzuki 1000. Sorry boys. THEY ARE THAT FAST. But I did see that F-1 cars can pull 3-4 G's in the corners!!

OneFastSnake

Established Member
alaskablkmach said:
Hate to burst all of your bubbles but he didnt know how to ride plus it was a 06-07 R6 not an R1 you can tell by the taillight. Put me on that i bet my bike nothing on 4 wheels will touch me. You ever wath motorcycle racing/ Cars on the same courses cant even compete with bike times or speeds. I have took 70 degree turns at like 90 when cars take it at like 50-60 tops. And that was weak for me. I didnt have skins. So I didnt push it. Look at Laguna secca track times Bikes vs Cars thet arent even close dude.

Yea hes right its an R6, you can see the side exaust.

spddmn24

Established Member
alaskablkmach said:
Matt Miladen is only like mayabe a second slower than a F-1 grand prix car and he rides a suzuki 1000. Sorry boys. THEY ARE THAT FAST. But I did see that F-1 cars can pull 3-4 G's in the corners!!

:poke:

adramire25

Established Member
Bottom line is like Top Gear said a bike has to brake for corners a car doesn't even see, car>bike in cornering.

spddmn24

Established Member
Sepang, Malaysia: Montoya in Williams BMW F1 - 1:34.223
V Rossi on Yamaha - 2:01.833

Catalunya, Spain: M Schumacher in Ferrari - 1:17.245
S Gibernau on Honda - 1:42.450

BigDaveDogg

Keepin' it real.
Established Member
Fact of the matter is, 4 wheels are quicker around a corner than a bike. Depends on the track which will see quickest times, though.

2001BlackSVT said:
that guy in the GT3 could have driven waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better... he couldn't downshift correctly to save his life, that was painful

Lol, so true.

Last edited:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
OneFastSnake said:
Yea hes right its an R6, you can see the side exaust.
Thats is an unmistakeble dual canister undertail setup of the 04-present R1, now the tail light says 04-06 R1. So I would venture to say the poster of that video was correct when it says its an R1....

side note: I own an 04 R1 I know what the thing looks like.

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
spddmn24 said:
Sepang, Malaysia: Montoya in Williams BMW F1 - 1:34.223
V Rossi on Yamaha - 2:01.833

Catalunya, Spain: M Schumacher in Ferrari - 1:17.245
S Gibernau on Honda - 1:42.450
Well Formula 1 > Everything on earth
Formula 1 with Schumacher > Everything in the universe :D

alaskablkmach said:
Yeah look at those bike the fastest bike in the world is a GSX-r 1000 not a overrated over priced ducati or apprilla. I have rode a raced all those and then some and they are not impressive. Those are street bikes in that vid and times. Now if you wanna talk the F-1 race cars and race bikes then the F-1 is a bit quicker but not much. But were not talking about them.
Read Cycle World's International bike of the year article, you'll be amazed how good the Ducati fared - Voted "Best Superbike of the year 2007"

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
alaskablkmach said:
Coo I have an 05 R1 and that is not a R1 tailight. It is tall just like the 06-07 R6. Plus it has the graves minni can exhaust.
:bs:
At what point in that vid do you see the "graves mini can exhaust"? Go 1 minute 39 seconds into that vid and tell me you don't see the DUAL canisters.. If not go to optometrist and have your eyes checked. Maybe since the rider's name was mentioned (they might Know what he rides) maybe these people were brothers..... Same last name and all.

tristateZ28Lt1 said:
Well Formula 1 > Everything on earth
Formula 1 with Schumacher > Everything in the universe :D
:lol1: Nice

Users who are viewing this thread