GT3 Vs R1 in Nurburgring, GT3>R1

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Contrary to popular belief, A prepped car will win on a track over a bike. For one simple reason, Cornering speed. A light car like a GT3 will out corner a bike.

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
type911 said:
You should watch and learn, the bike in the initial post was ridden hard.
The top gear track is about 1 gazillion times easier to ride for a bike than the nurburgring! There was a recent shootout between the 997 GT2 and a Honda 1000 RR and the 997 GT2 beat it by over a minute on the nurburgring! The Nurburgring is hell for four wheels but madness for bikes.
Here is that comparison: Walter Roehrl is piloting the GT2, Helmut Dehne (record holder for the nurburgring on a bike) the 1000RR for people who know these two...
http://www.autobild.de/scs_iframe_371263.html Forward to 1:00min

Last edited:

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
tristateZ28Lt1 said:
You should watch and learn, the bike in the initial post was ridden hard.
The top gear track is about 1 gazillion times easier to ride for a bike than the nurburgring! There was a recent shootout between the 997 GT2 and a Honda 1000 RR and the 997 GT2 beat it by over a minute on the nurburgring! The Nurburgring is hell for four wheels but madness for bikes.
Here is that comparison: Walter Roehrl is piloting the GT2, Helmut Dehne (record holder for the nurburgring on a bike) the 1000RR for people who know these two...
http://www.autobild.de/scs_iframe_371263.html Forward to 1:00min

I think your argument is the same as mine. The car wins over a bike. What am I missing here?

alaskablkmach

Established Member
Hate to burst all of your bubbles but he didnt know how to ride plus it was a 06-07 R6 not an R1 you can tell by the taillight. Put me on that i bet my bike nothing on 4 wheels will touch me. You ever wath motorcycle racing/ Cars on the same courses cant even compete with bike times or speeds. I have took 70 degree turns at like 90 when cars take it at like 50-60 tops. And that was weak for me. I didnt have skins. So I didnt push it. Look at Laguna secca track times Bikes vs Cars thet arent even close dude.

SOLISIMO

Signal 12
Established Member
alaskablkmach said:
Hate to burst all of your bubbles but he didnt know how to ride plus it was a 06-07 R6 not an R1 you can tell by the taillight. Put me on that i bet my bike nothing on 4 wheels will touch me. You ever wath motorcycle racing/ Cars on the same courses cant even compete with bike times or speeds. I have took 70 degree turns at like 90 when cars take it at like 50-60 tops. And that was weak for me. I didnt have skins. So I didnt push it. Look at Laguna secca track times Bikes vs Cars thet arent even close dude.
Ok Awful Kawnaful:rolleyes:

BLUBLLS

type911 said:
Contrary to popular belief, A prepped car will win on a track over a bike. For one simple reason, Cornering speed. A light car like a GT3 will out corner a bike.

Yes it will. However, we are talking about a fully prepped car here. Porsches are made to handle. especially the higher end 1's.

Now if we aren't talking about a car that is 100's of thousands of dollars then no. I remember reading the article about a Gsx-r 1k in like 01-02. They matched it up against a great car in the z06. It wasn't even funny how bad the bike spanked the Z06 in every single category including around a race track :shrug:

My favorite part of that test though was how the 1k went from 0-100-0 before the Z06 even get close to 100 :eek:

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
alaskablkmach said:
Like I said that was a R6 in the vid. And look up real race car times and bike times THEY DONT EVEN COMPARE!!!

You may want to take that back. The fastest lap times at that track all belong to real race cars not bikes.

Users who are viewing this thread