gt at barrett jackson

SVTF#4327

Established Member
At Barrett Jackson the Ford rep, Mark Fields tried to get the price up by offering the winning bidder a chance to purchase one of the first 500 built 07 GT500s but the bidding didn't go any higher than the $530,000 it sold for.

jshen

Established Member
Gt

I think Shelby threw in a hat of his as well. Othe than it being the 3rd built..what was special about it to bring that kind of money?

There's one advertised at a local dealership for $118,000.00. with 0 miles. Isn't that below MSRP?

Last edited:

Jpjr

Established Member
everyone knows that the barret jackson auction is a phony and should be investigated. people bid on thier own cars to raise the prices. any wonder why the challengers were selling at record highs? could it be that dodge is about to come out with a new one?

chuckstang

Established Member
Jpjr said:
everyone knows that the barret jackson auction is a phony and should be investigated. people bid on thier own cars to raise the prices. any wonder why the challengers were selling at record highs? could it be that dodge is about to come out with a new one?

Hmmm very interesting
sounds very possible
oh well

Route66

Established Member
jshen said:
I think Shelby threw in a hat of his as well. Othe than it being the 3rd built..what was special about it to bring that kind of money?

There's one advertised at a local dealership for $118,000.00. with 0 miles. Isn't that below MSRP?

Where?

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
jshen said:
There's one advertised at a local dealership for $118,000.00 with 0 miles. Isn't that below MSRP?
No friggin way!!
Sounds like a bait & switch ploy to me...or...a misprint.

jshen

Established Member
Springfield Ford

I was surprised to see that too. (912) 826-3673. It was in Saturdays paper which I have already thrown out.

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
Offer for one of first 500 GT500's-what about Powerlease People????

SVTF#4327 said:
At Barrett Jackson the Ford rep, Mark Fields tried to get the price up by offering the winning bidder a chance to purchase one of the first 500 built 07 GT500s but the bidding didn't go any higher than the $530,000 it sold for.

You know, Ford promised all of the Powerlease customers the first run of Production GT500's. (about 300 customers). To date, they have broken all of the stated promises on the Powerlease program terms....I wonder if they will break the last one concerning their commitment to supply the Powerlease customers the first production cars....

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
1993cobramustan said:
You know, Ford promised all of the Powerlease customers the first run of Production GT500's. (about 300 customers). To date, they have broken all of the stated promises on the Powerlease program terms....I wonder if they will break the last one concerning their commitment to supply the Powerlease customers the first production cars....

i was told personally by my VP that even though we have over 500 people on the waiting list, because i leased my lightning through the power lease, i get to order a gt500 for me. so as far as my VP knows (and he's the VP of the #1 ford dealership in the world) powerlease customers will get a chance to buy one.

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
Jpjr said:

seriously!! $200k for an effing camaro?!?!?!? who are these people?

Users who are viewing this thread