GT 500 KR prices

whoa stang

Established Member
There have not been any on ebay for a long time now. Are all these cars sold :??: There use to be some dealers asking $125,000 a few months back on ebay, but I have not seen any in a long time. Do the dealers not know what adm to charge :uh oh: since demand is slowing down? Hopefully they can be more reasonable now.

Last edited:

snakecharmer

Established Member
I suspect the reason you haven't seen any more of them pop up in a while, is that they have not all been allocated yet (at least I don't think so). So the ones that are have been spoken for.

Yes the stupid factor on these is amazing. If you have $125,000 to spend, you have enough to just go ahead and look for a Ford GT instead, and those are a way better investment long term.

drmustang

Banned
I suspect the reason you haven't seen any more of them pop up in a while, is that they have not all been allocated yet (at least I don't think so). So the ones that are have been spoken for.

Yes the stupid factor on these is amazing. If you have $125,000 to spend, you have enough to just go ahead and look for a Ford GT instead, and those are a way better investment long term.

You nailed it with that statement. SAI has a cash cow in hand and will continue to harvest SE Mustangs bearing their logo for many years to come. The Shelby GT and GT500 KR are the tip of an iceberg.

What happens to the value or the KR when the Super KR, 600 KR, 600 Super Duper KR, etc. is announced. Each previous model will see its value devastated by the next level as they come on line.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
What happens to the value or the KR when the Super KR, 600 KR, 600 Super Duper KR, etc. is announced. Each previous model will see its value devastated by the next level as they come on line.

That's no different than just about every other mustang or any other vehicle built before this. Each year is better than the last and they'll continue to improve leaving the previous ones valued less. This is nothing new. It's the same thing with just about any consumer product. A new and improved one is released leaving the previous one less desirable. Computers, bicycles, Ipods, Video games, motorcycles, cars, etc. Everything goes through the process of new, old, and obsolete.

Don't buy this car because it's the newest/biggest/baddest, buy it because you want it as it is and what it has.

chuckstang

Established Member
drmustang always has a negative outlook

Its a freaking car, enjoy it and move on.

Certain cars will always be worth more than other but if you look at any Cobra built since 93, a low mileage unmodified example still brings good money no matter what year, you just got to find the right person.

I know I did not buy my car to appreciate but just depreciate not as fast as most cars, and like the Term, I don't think it will.

FiaCobra

Established Member
Ok, if i'm not mistaken, i believe the MSRP for the KR is around $75k. Of course dealer markups will bring it over $100k.

Only the rich will be able to afford this 1000 limited edition toy.

SCDSG

Established Member
Ok, if i'm not mistaken, i believe the MSRP for the KR is around $75k. Of course dealer markups will bring it over $100k.

Only the rich will be able to afford this 1000 limited edition toy.

For what you're getting over the GT500 that is just stupid money.

drmustang

Banned
drmustang always has a negative outlook

Its a freaking car, enjoy it and move on.

Certain cars will always be worth more than other but if you look at any Cobra built since 93, a low mileage unmodified example still brings good money no matter what year, you just got to find the right person.

I know I did not buy my car to appreciate but just depreciate not as fast as most cars, and like the Term, I don't think it will.

Sorry Chuck, its anything but negative. Its all about reality my friend. Borrowing money and paying a premium to be an early owner of a hot item is a guaranteed, heavy loser that a guy who doesn't have the money in the first place can ill afford. Continue that scenario with every hot cart you fancy and you'll be a slave to the bank until the day you die. I've bought and sold these kind of cars for the last 25 years and know what I'm talking about. Live and learn. The lesson can be an expensive one.

chuckstang

Established Member
Sorry Chuck, its anything but negative. Its all about reality my friend. Borrowing money and paying a premium to be an early owner of a hot item is a guaranteed, heavy loser that a guy who doesn't have the money in the first place can ill afford. Continue that scenario with every hot cart you fancy and you'll be a slave to the bank until the day you die. I've bought and sold these kind of cars for the last 25 years and know what I'm talking about. Live and learn. The lesson can be an expensive one.

No one is saying your not smart, but live a little and enjoy life.

It is just a car, and money is just money.

The only thing that really matters in life is your health and that of your friends and family

drmustang

Banned
No one is saying your not smart, but live a little and enjoy life.

It is just a car, and money is just money.

The only thing that really matters in life is your health and that of your friends and family

Enjoy life, yeah I know how to do that, especially with cars. I've also learned quite a few things after owning 14 Mustangs, 5 Corvettes, 1 porsche and more motorcycles than I can count at this point. You just need to understand that these red hot items don't stay that way for long. If you could care less about the amount of debt you carry then ignore this and all the other posts here that have addressed these issues.

Users who are viewing this thread