Gt 500 AB installed need a little more sound

goat-ee

Established Member
Also jegs cat deletes are cheaper when u give them summit racings cat delete part number. To price match like 108$

Posted via Topify on Android

Now that's smart!! :beer: But for the love of God, don't actually buy the Summit deletes, i've yet to hear of anyone getting them to not leak!! My Jegs are perfect fit and don't leak!!

goat-ee

Established Member
people people, remember the tune you need. Don't just say "Oh you only need $130 for cat deletes." No. You need $130 + the cost of and X3 + the cost of a tune. Unless you already have an X3 and a tune. If that's the case then you can just get a tune update which is cheap compared to a new one.

EDIT: And I just read the OPs sig. Appears he already has a tune. Still, its not just the cost of cat deletes...

I would be shocked if his tuner charged much of anything for a cat delete update. But yes, you have to tune for cat deletes. Even with the price of a tuner/tune, cat deletes are one of the best bang for the buck upgrades, HP wise, there are on these cars. Not to mention the sound is way better!!

blackcoyote13

Established Member
Alternative to cutting out resonators/etc. Go under the mufflers and drill 3-4 holes in each pipe right before the muffler. It relieves the restriction of the 2.5" inside of the muffler and sounds fantastic. No drone, no rasp from resonator deletes, just a bit more volume and def more flow. I have this on my car.

87hatchy

Established Member
I would be shocked if his tuner charged much of anything for a cat delete update. But yes, you have to tune for cat deletes. Even with the price of a tuner/tune, cat deletes are one of the best bang for the buck upgrades, HP wise, there are on these cars. Not to mention the sound is way better!!

agreed :beer:

Dalpilot

Established Member
Thanks, i have heard the Roush and they are a little too raspy for me. I have never heard of drilling holes in your pipes.

I have Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 N1 in a 295/30 19. They are too short and with my 3.73 gears make it an effective ratio of 3.87. Thats not helping. I will be going to a taller tire in a 285 in a day or two.

ExTurbo

Established Member
That much over an offroad pipe? Any links to dyno?

I picked up that HP over the stock manifolds and stock catted H pipe

i posted this in another thread recently but heres the graph...first run was stock exhaust with GT500 Ab's, Airraid CAI, and a tune. The headers and catless X were installed then it was put back on the dyno the next day

Alexfinal.png

Tim Comer

Established Member
A lot of people don't want to remove their cats because of legal reasons. For more sound, remove the resonators. Most HP gains in the exhaust are from removing the cats and using over axle pipes. Over axle pipes remove the resonators and eliminate the flat spot in the pipes that goes over the axle. The cats and resonators are the biggest bottlenecks in the system.

Users who are viewing this thread