Gt 500 AB installed need a little more sound

thegraystang

Established Member
i had an off road h pipe and i PERSONALLY think it was too quite...but coming from the guy who traded them for roush's.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Off road "H" will give it a deeper sound. I believe it will get louder with the resonators out. Could also try long tubes but they are costly and not necessary unless youre going boosted. Cheapest route is the H pipe first

87hatchy

Established Member
Cheapest route is the H pipe first

No, cheapest route would be having a muffler shop cut out the resonators and weld regular pipes in their place. Can probably get it done for $50 and it will make it a little louder. Do that first and see how you like it.

If its still too quiet, get an off road H pipe, but keep in mind you WILL need a tune with an offroad pipe, so it ends up being pretty expensive when all said and done

'14 Shelby

Established Member
No, cheapest route would be having a muffler shop cut out the resonators and weld regular pipes in their place. Can probably get it done for $50 and it will make it a little louder. Do that first and see how you like it.

If its still too quiet, get an off road H pipe, but keep in mind you WILL need a tune with an offroad pipe, so it ends up being pretty expensive when all said and done

Thanks for clarifying that :beer:

Dalpilot

Established Member
I have a tune, intake, exhaust and am planning the long tubes before I put a blower on. Unfortunately I still have traction issues even after adding LCA's, relocation brackets, adj panhard bar and 295's. I can spin through 1-2 and half of 3rd. Upper control arm is next.

Dalpilot

Established Member
Long tubes are definitely in the works. I am going to let a few miles go on the Warranty to make sure I have no bugs first. It will be a full build. Coming from e diesel world, I love how cheap parts are for the Mustang.

Jbstang87

Established Member
I have a tune, intake, exhaust and am planning the long tubes before I put a blower on. Unfortunately I still have traction issues even after adding LCA's, relocation brackets, adj panhard bar and 295's. I can spin through 1-2 and half of 3rd. Upper control arm is next.

It depends on what tire you are running. Plus relocation brackets and LCAs are only to calm wheel hop, not stop them from spinning. If you're spinning maybe you need some NT555Rs. They are money on the street.

87hatchy

Established Member
Jegs cat deletes give all the sound you need and give a healthy HP increase for very little $!!! That's what I did.

Cat deletes. $130 from jegs.

people people, remember the tune you need. Don't just say "Oh you only need $130 for cat deletes." No. You need $130 + the cost of and X3 + the cost of a tune. Unless you already have an X3 and a tune. If that's the case then you can just get a tune update which is cheap compared to a new one.

EDIT: And I just read the OPs sig. Appears he already has a tune. Still, its not just the cost of cat deletes...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread