Grrr, will this belt work?

redsvtcobra

Established Member
Got my pulley/belt/puller kit today... The pulley is 2.93, but they sent me a gatorback 74.5" (4080745) belt! I told them I had no idlers and needed the 74" ... Will this be a problem or should I send it back and get the 74" ??

ALA G8R

Banned
The proper belt is a 74". Once tehe 74.5" stretches, the tensioner will bump its stops causing massive belt slip.

Tat03Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by redsvtcobra
Got my pulley/belt/puller kit today... The pulley is 2.93, but they sent me a gatorback 74.5" (4080745) belt! I told them I had no idlers and needed the 74" ... Will this be a problem or should I send it back and get the 74" ??

James at RWTD strongly advised me to get the 74.5 Gates belt for my 2.93 RR pulley, and 100MM idler. Since I have heard nothing but greatness from him, I took his advise and ordered it. Pulleys are due here tomorrow so I'll let everyone know. His Predator tune kicks a$$ by the way - I just installed it - even without my pulley in yet - and the thing has way more torque!

peace

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would call the vendor and tell them that they sent the wrong belt. And that you specified a 74".

redsvtcobra

Established Member
Re: Re: Grrr, will this belt work?

Originally posted by Tat03Cobra
James at RWTD strongly advised me to get the 74.5 Gates belt for my 2.93 RR pulley, and 100MM idler. Since I have heard nothing but greatness from him, I took his advise and ordered it. Pulleys are due here tomorrow so I'll let everyone know. His Predator tune kicks a$$ by the way - I just installed it - even without my pulley in yet - and the thing has way more torque!

peace

Bah, how about if I just order the 100mm idler and be done with it. James is going to be working on a predator tune for me shortly and I will probably hear the same tune :beer: I've got the 2.93 also.. Which idler did you decide to go with?

Users who are viewing this thread