Griggs GR-40 Terminator Pictures *Drool*

Surubasi

Established Member
Here are a few pictures of my newly finished Griggs GR-40 Cobra.

About a year ago I decided that my newly purchased convertible needed some suspension work. I started reading about various setups, differences, opinions, feedback threads etc. After making a few phone calls to the guys at Performance Autosport in Richmond, VA I decided that there was only one way to go... all the way!

We set up all the details over the phone, discussed time, price, variables, setup options and the like. We came to the conclusion that the IRS had to go, and that the full length sub frame connectors from Griggs were the best ones offered in the current aftermarket. From there we went all out. I left my car with them to receive the royal treatment. Starting with the rear, the clunky IRS was replaced by a solid unit from a GT which was beefed up with a Torsen Differential and 3.73 Gears. Mustang Don knew what to do from there. He installed the panhard bar, coilover setup and custom driveshaft. After the rear was set up the front needed some love. The overweight stock K-Member was ditched for the lighter Griggs unit and the stock suspension was nowhere to be found. A Canton oil pan found its way underneath to fight off oil starvation in extreme cornering situations. (boy was that a smart decision, more on that later). The boys at Forgeline wheels were kind enough to custom make me a set of wheels that fit the amazing Griggs brake kit, and boy did they do a good job!

I dropped off my car in Richmond that sunny Sunday thinking that I would get the same car when I returned to pick it up. I was COMPLETELY mistaken. When Mark, Don and Kevin were done with my car, the only thing that was the same about it was the COLOR! The driving experience was incredible, absolutely the most fun I have had on four wheels in my LIFE. It handles like a dream. You point, it goes, you say jump, it says "how high". This car feels like an absolute animal! I am at a loss for words when trying to describe the way it feels. I drove it from Richmond, VA to Cloudcroft, NM after I picked it up. I grew up in the mountains in New Mexico (yes there are mountains there, very high ones) and my parents live on a mountain road that twists, turns, ducks and dives thru the mountain. This baby took each curve like Tiger woods at a Putt-Putt course. There wasn't anything it wouldn't handle. It took what I gave it and begged for more. The highway was even fun! I learned that you can tell when you leave one county of a state and cross into another, meaning, any subtle chance in condition, registered thru the steering wheel! It was such a great experience.

Now that I'm done yapping...here are the pics!

Swoopy36.jpg

Swoopy35.jpg

Swoopy34.jpg

Swoopy33.jpg

Swoopy32.jpg

Swoopy31.jpg

Swoopy30.jpg

Swoopy29.jpg

Swoopy28.jpg

Swoopy27.jpg

Swoopy26.jpg

Swoopy25.jpg

Swoopy24.jpg

Swoopy23.jpg

Swoopy22.jpg

Swoopy21.jpg

Swoopy20.jpg

Swoopy%2012.jpg

Swoopy%2011.jpg

Swoopy%2010.jpg

Swoopy%203.jpg

Here is a link to more pics

http://performanceautosport.com/detail.asp?car=5869

Dave

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
Still pissed I did not get to see it at Howell's but that is my fault. Please next time you have it in town let me know!!!

Vinyl

Your HIDs blind others
Established Member
Surubasi said:
you must not have any idea what you are talking about

Dave

I know exactly what i'm talking about. I own a set.

tire-1.gif

Wait 'til you get more than four miles on them before you act like you know the tire's wear.

Surubasi

Established Member
I drove them literally across the ****ing country... i think that might let me get to know them.

Dave

Vinyl

Your HIDs blind others
Established Member
Surubasi said:
I drove them literally across the ****ing country... i think that might let me get to know them.

Dave

Wow someone's insecure.

Good luck.

gi_jackii

Established Member
looks great. i personally dont know much about those tires but if your looking for a tire with GREAT tread wear the BFG KDW 2 is amazing. iv put about 15k mi on them and they still look like i just bought them. at least the front. the back has seen about 20 passes down the strip and still has more than half the tread on the tire. thats with a pretty decent burnout. just my 2 cents, and once again great stance on that car

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
You don't buy a 200 treadwear tire for it to last, you buy them to handle.

The AT615 and Kuhmo MX are 2 of the best at what they do.

racebronco2

Established Member
I agree the 615's and the mx's are some of the best streets tires out there. They are made for max summer performance.

ogc

Established Member
Haha, yah man, buying a performance tire and then complaining that they wear out too fast is like buying a honda and being pissed off that it wont make it down the 1/4 in 12 seconds.

For the price the RT615 is one of the best tires out there.

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
nice, why does it say the car will "be at our shop for about a year "? And what spring rates are you now running?

BelvedereGTX

Banned
LOOKS GREAT! The first picture makes the ass end look a little jacked up. Is it just the picture or does it look that way in person.

Users who are viewing this thread