Green Thumbs - Tree Experts... I need some advice.

LUBaseball2

Established Member
I'm looking for some advice as to what trees to plant in the space between our driveway and yard for some decent coverage.

The house is located in New Kent, VA which is in the coastal plains region of the state, ag. zone 7.
Initially the only tree that was supposed to be removed is on the left of the cleared area and will still be taken down. For a couple of reasons they had to take out the initial growth between our house and driveway so they have offered to replace it with the trees of our choice.

I'm not a tree expert by any means, so I'm not sure what type or how many to suggest. I'm not a big fan of evergreens and would like something that can grow in that area of the next couple of years to provide a nice barrier. That portion of the lot will have a decent amount of sun and we could potentially like to expand this various tree down the driveway. Anything with a root system that could cause potential problems down the road might not be a great fit. Any advice would be great.

photo%201_zps9zkwrhmi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo%202_zpsrlplrgry.jpg

photo%203_zpslfkqaaax.jpg

Last edited:

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
In the wrong forum, but head over to your local nursery and talk to the people there. They'll give you ideas and show you a bunch of trees that will fit your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread