Green mark on Eaton

EBBS_03_Cobra

Never satisfied
Established Member
I'm about to get started on modding under the hood on my car, so I decided to take some pictures of the engine in stock form. When reviewing them, I noticed the green mark on the Eaton, right at the Ford logo. Anyone have any clue as to what that means? It's not a mark on the lense, as I have a few pictures with that on there in the same spot.

IMG_0666.jpg

Thanks!

95greenvert

Established Member
maybe someone can chime in as to what it means but its factory check marks for assembly more than likely. The marks are usally rubbed off by other owners but sometimes people leave them on the factory parts. They mark the battery, airbox lid, blower, fuse panel cover etc.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
It means the person with the green paint marker signed off on it as passing his or her inspection. A process was completed, or something was verified. When these cars were new, they had colored paint daubs and white grease pencil marks EVERYWHERE.

I tried to start a thread documenting them before they all got worn off but nobody else seemed interested.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
this is a mark generated at the assembly plant, it is intended to help the tech at ford when servicing your car. he can easily see if blower needs the oil serviced, over time and heat cycles the green 'mark' turns from green to yellow then red, letting the tech know its time to change supercharger oil.
green means good, yellow means aging, red means change oil. or wait, i think the ones who got the green mark got good blowers and the ones who got the red mark got second hand blowers, money was tight and they had to use what they could get.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
this is a mark generated at the assembly plant, it is intended to help the tech at ford when servicing your car. he can easily see if blower needs the oil serviced, over time and heat cycles the green 'mark' turns from green to yellow then red, letting the tech know its time to change supercharger oil.
green means good, yellow means aging, red means change oil. or wait, i think the ones who got the green mark got good blowers and the ones who got the red mark got second hand blowers, money was tight and they had to use what they could get.

:lol::lol:

voodooo

BLK MAGIC
Established Member
thats true guys the green mark is to let them know that the tech has inspected the blower, I work at the plant when they come down the line and used to take the car and test drive them down a nice long track at about 100-120mph, it was great. My neighbor is the guy that puts the motor together and look on your plate on valve cover and see if you have a name, Vito thats the guy that put your motor together and he is a good guy and he is real picky about everything so your motor is good if its from him.

Users who are viewing this thread