Green Flag Driving

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Thanks to Road Racin' / Mr Trevor.... :beer:
Would any one be interested in the below quote of Road Racin'?

**Quote**
we should try and plan a weekend open track event. Either Green Flag driving http://www.greenflagdriving.org/ or maybe another svtoa deal. imo, more fun then drag b/c it lasts longer then 12 seconds

these would be fun:
September 27/28 -- Laguna Seca OR
November 29/30 -- Buttonwillow

I'd love to do a Laguna Seca trip. I've driven that track 100's of times... on Gran Turismo 3 and am dying to really go around it.
**Un-quote**

Hope u dont mind Road Racin' .... but this is what ive been waiting for.

*Entry Fee.
Laguna Seca is $300.00 for Sat or Sun. 2 Days = $575.00
Buttonwillow is $200.00 for Sat or Sun. 2 days = $375.00

*3 Type of Classes.
Green = Full on Racing Style (need roll bar & other equipment)
Red = Fast but not crazy fast driving like the GREEN.
Yellow = Beginners / Novice but supposed to be quick still.

*Sessions.
15 to 20 minute Sessions & around 5 Session in a day.
(but session can be more if you run at Buttonwillow, since not that many parties get involved)

*Helmets are required ( Snell 95 or higher )
*Nomex Gloves required

www.greenflagdriving.org
Green Flag Driving Association
1650 Russell Ave.
Santa Clara, Ca 95054
Tel: 408-988-7986
Attn: Ms Barbara
E-mail: [email protected]

P.S. Mr Trevor...thanks for the link....really bro :beer:
Oh i'll beat u in GT3 any day :p :) .Sorry if i quoted u bro but it had to be done.

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Oh Chit. Was just reading the fax from Barbara.
Laguna Seca is supposed to be there #1 track, so if they are booked all the way they will chose which person that can attend.
Also since Laguna is more technical they wants to see folks who ran the other 2 tracks prior to chosing them as well.

Basically the loyal folks gets to be chosen 1st & then its random.

RoadRacin...u down to just try Buttonwillow 1st for the year? Then we can just push them to pick up out of the crop for Laguna Seca?

Last edited:

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
I'm down for buttonwillow. It's a very cool track. I've been around it, not driving, a number of times. We co-hosted an open track day when I was at Vortech. It's sweet! Count me in! We should try and get the group together. Maybe I'll have the saleen done by then :D

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Road Racin,
Cool :beer: got my friend with a WRX going as well.

Although i only plan to run the Yellow Races for the 1st time out on the track ;-)

Hey we have to talk more about this tomorrow :beer:

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
I agree, and only saturday. 2 days is too much $$$ and too much wear on the parts for a weekend. ACtually thats the same thing :)

Btw, whats the plan for tomorrow if it starts to ra... I'd rather not say it, but you know what I mean???

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Ohhhh no, no rain please. :shrug:

1 day is just fine but i think im going to want more. I love Sepulveda Pass & im one of those crazy ones going down the hill...pretty fast / Sorry.
So i can find my self enjoying the track alot....but ur right 1 day should be fine & not pushing my girl to hard.

U know Rain or Shine they hold the races....but they only give u 2 weeks to cancel ur plans :( . Rain would be real tricky for me, but im sure my friend in his WRX would enjoy the track.

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
if it rains track day, your buddy will have more fun off road in that wrx.

But I meant rain Tomorrow???? Cruise day. Are we still on?? I don't want to be the only guy there :)

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Now youre talkin! Road racing is where it's at. I dream of running LS. I've been going to events there since I was a kid...last one 10 mo. ago. Chased my friends Viper up Hwy 1 just to get pumped for that weekend. I ran Willow stock with helmet only. I will not do that again now that I'm pumping major ponies. Suspension mods going on now. Harness is in. Shopping for best deal on Hossiers or the like. (ate the crap out of my street rubber). I will wear a suit and do fuel cell for LS. Too many concrete barriers. You can come around and smack your tail real hard at that track. Seen it too many times. Can get crispy! Now for Button or Willow just need that rubber and count me in!

Open track road racing is "way cool" to quote my grandson.

The Bald one

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by BALDSNAKE
Now youre talkin! Road racing is where it's at. I dream of running LS. I've been going to events there since I was a kid...last one 10 mo. ago. Chased my friends Viper up Hwy 1 just to get pumped for that weekend. I ran Willow stock with helmet only. I will not do that again now that I'm pumping major ponies. Suspension mods going on now. Harness is in. Shopping for best deal on Hossiers or the like. (ate the crap out of my street rubber). I will wear a suit and do fuel cell for LS. Too many concrete barriers. You can come around and smack your tail real hard at that track. Seen it too many times. Can get crispy! Now for Button or Willow just need that rubber and count me in!

Open track road racing is "way cool" to quote my grandson.

The Bald one

That would be cool :beer:
Sorry just that Laguna Seca for them is a major event & they want the folks with some Loyalty who will get the chance to run it VS some one like me.

So i figured best thing to do is run another smaller event & make sure they put a spot for me next year :D

Snakin

"No Worries Mate"
Established Member
You guys need to check out the NASA (National Auto Sport Assoc.) at www.nasaproracing.com

I've been driving with this group since the beginning of this year. Good guys, well organised, usually at least 4 x 20 min track sessions per day.
The next closest event is at Willow Springs on 6/7 September.

Annual membership is $35 and then you pay per day/weekend at the various tracks. The last WS event was only $150 for one day or $225 for both days. They are also doing a Laguna Seca weekend later in the year.

Check it out!
www.nasaproracing.com

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Snakin 69 / Brett .... cool thanks for the info :beer:
Seems better priced compared to Green Flag Racing.

Gots to check it out further when i get home.

:beer:

maoun

Established Member
it's hard to organize these without a backing organized organization....just because of insurance purposes

we do all the nasa races....www.socalsvtoa.com

good luck, i have experience with organizing these things, so i can help you.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Hey Maoun.

Dont want to really organize but just drive the course :D

Just for fun ya knows :beer:

So when is socalsvtao going to do another road course?

jonas

Established Member
me wanna race,
me wanna race
ugh me would be happy with just a working tb :(
excuse me, I gotta tend to my hurt baby

/me rushes amisol 0w30 IV

its ok baby, we gonna get you all fixed up but I gotta put you on a rice only diet before you can eat up chevy steaks

Users who are viewing this thread