Great. USPS "allegedly" lost a package shipped

byeofcr

Established Member
Ok, so as some of you know, ive been into the edc spinning top thing. I bought two. I kept one and sold the other. The buyer msged me he wanted to pay f&f on paypal to avoid fees. I gave him the option if he covered the goods fee but thats what he wanted. I had my mother ship it priority mail as my ad didnt say plus shipping so i ate the small shipping fee. Got tracking number and provided it to buyer. It was supposed to be delivered saturday. It just says "out for delivery" since then and further updates. Usps website says wait 5 days from shipping, but as a courtesy to buyer i called today and waiting on call back.

So if this thing doesnt deliver, what options do i have? I didnt specify any or asked to ship a certain service and just told her to ship it as im working doubles and couldnt get to post office. Reciept doesnt show any insurance..

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
That sucks... But what is a edc spinning top? I googled it, but I still don't get it..

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Happened to me a few months ago with some koni struts. Package was out for delivery for a few weeks until USPS called me and said the package was in fact lost. They sent me a check for $50 which i think all Priority shipments cover without additional insurance. The buyer did eventually receive one of the struts.

byeofcr

Established Member
Well... i dont carry one lol it just falls into the edc category. They are precision spinning tops, within specs of .0005 for multiple piece tops. Some can spin up to a half hour
A3F3939A-453F-4A0A-8262-940238327B4C.jpg

I paid 260 and sold for 450. He only makes x amount and then erases the program

Last edited by a moderator:

BRNG ITT

Established Member
You may be seeing this package back in your box soon due to a non-deliverable address. Perhaps it was written down wrong or minus an apartment number. Had one that sat in the "out for delivery" limbo for a few days and UPS couldn't give any specific details until it showed back up at my place for this exact reason.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Ah. My EDC is a Beretta PX4 Storm Sub-compact .40 S&W.

Why do people carry around tops?

Blown 89

Established Member
....and that why I don't ship anything of importance through USPS. The last month we used them they lost 25% of our shipments. I gave up trying to get compensation from them and deducted it from the IRS.

BTW, you're a dick OP. After watching a video of some of these I now want to buy one. Damn it.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Black99lightning, he said in his original post that he was working double shifts and he couldn't get to the post office. So his mom helped and went to the post office. She wasn't told to get insurance so none was purchased. Had he gone to the post office himself, he probably would have bought the insurance.

Hopefully the package will be delivered. It is possible that the package wasn't scanned on delivery. I've had that happen before with the post office. And with UPS. Sometimes it takes a day or two for the delivery info to show up. On rare occasion it is never updated even though the package was delivered. Or, the package could be misplaced after being transferred to the delivery vehicle. With the USPS, anything is possible.

oldmodman

Established Member
I HATE THE POSTAL SERVICE!
They have lost my packages, both going and coming.
They have destroyed my packages, both coming and going.
And now they are trying to make sure that anything they do deliver correctly has the highest possible chance of being stolen.
The "used" to put any packages way up on my porch where there is only a small chance of being spotted (and stolen).
Now the bastards leave ALL the packages on the very bottom step. Where I CAN'T SEE IT from inside the house. But any thief can see it while walking by.
And i actually caught a woman coming up onto my porch to steal a package. Smashed her in the face with my steel security door and it bashed her off the porch onto the concrete pathway. She ran like her pants were on fire.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I HATE THE POSTAL SERVICE!
They have lost my packages, both going and coming.
They have destroyed my packages, both coming and going.
And now they are trying to make sure that anything they do deliver correctly has the highest possible chance of being stolen.
The "used" to put any packages way up on my porch where there is only a small chance of being spotted (and stolen).
Now the bastards leave ALL the packages on the very bottom step. Where I CAN'T SEE IT from inside the house. But any thief can see it while walking by.
And i actually caught a woman coming up onto my porch to steal a package. Smashed her in the face with my steel security door and it bashed her off the porch onto the concrete pathway. She ran like her pants were on fire.

We need video proof of this.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Black99lightning, he said in his original post that he was working double shifts and he couldn't get to the post office. So his mom helped and went to the post office. She wasn't told to get insurance so none was purchased. Had he gone to the post office himself, he probably would have bought the insurance.

Lets not throw Mom under the bus. He should have specified insurance. If he sent it priority, he automatically gets $50.00 of insurance.

byeofcr

Established Member
Yea it was assumed on my end that she woulda put insurance on it. Thats my fault. But heres what i got from buyer:
His friend who is also his mailman found it under a table of returns.. and he went and picked it up. All is ok

I was worried that not only would i be out 450 bucks but a top as well. Felt like a scam but after calling post office they said theyd look into it lol

Anyway this is the one of tops called an infinity.. its tungsten w aluminum stem and a crazy bearing. This one has gone 22 minutes. Ill forget its spinning til i hear it tip over. It looks like its standing still..
http://s107.photobucket.com/user/ekakadderf/media/1290D2F7-5B23-4401-B47D-83152A998682.mp4.html

The ones i just got are like pictured above.

And my edc is a zt and a g27

byeofcr

Established Member
BTW, you're a dick OP. After watching a video of some of these I now want to buy one. Damn it.

join the fb group and enter the sign up sale going on to win a "bathgate" top.. only $900 if you win the right to buy one! Lol
Its a 5 piece top. Just the machining in something a little over an inch and a quarter is insane.
C1929A73-F205-4EBC-B433-B20124EB64C5.jpg

Hes making 20 of them.. and about 200 people are entered to win one of them so the interest is there.. even if you were to win it to sell at a profit (of which "flippers" as theyre called are frowned upon in the group.. whatever.. i dont see that as an issue)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread