Great Place To Dyno & Tune In AZ

NightEnforcer

Established Member
It is tough to find good shops in Arizona. I have dynoed two different times (total of 6 pulls) at Xtreme Motorsports in Tempe AZ (480-517-4969) and had a very good experience both times. The staff are sharp and friendly. Although they have catered to fast vettes in the past, and they always have a shop full of them, they are now starting to cater to the 03 Cobra owners by offering Mafterburner tunes and other work. I dynoed my new KB install last Friday and there was a gentleman there that was having his 03 Cobra Dyno/Mafterburner tuned. He had some mods but no chip. I do not recall the HP gain, but I do remember they pulled an additional 65 pounds of torque by adjusting the fuel map. That was impressive. Talk to Chad at Xtreme if you can. He owns an 03 Cobra and is up to speed on the Mafterburner. Dave, the owner is a good guy and has several outrageous machines including a highly modified Cobra. I will post my KB dyno sheet and experience in another thread. Check Xtreme out. I think you will be happy.

P.S. They are planning two dyno days, 11/15 and 11/16. I am sure Dave will post more info about that.

Last edited:

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
I too did my dyno work there over a year ago. Same experience. They good guys, very careful with the car etc.

Xtreme is where I will be doing my Dyno work.. and I drive 3 hours to get there.

The guys at the shop are great.. and Dave is a gentlemen and a 1/2.

Don't forget we have a dyno day there weekend of Nov 15/16. Two day event.

mystifiedworm

Established Member
Thanks for the good words. I hope that this will spark a fire under Daves pants to invest in a chip burner. I have been using the Afterburner and have had great results. Hope to see you guys here for Dyno Days. Thanks again.

03DSGSVT

Established Member
If anyone at Xtreme is posting, I had a couple fo questions?
I was thinking of trying to go on Nov. 15th/16th, and bring in my 03'.
1. My car is bone stock, so this would be a good time for a baseline number.
2. Are you allowed to add mods between pulls like cat back, CAI, ect...?
3. What exactly is a MAFterburner? I know I heard the name a lot, but was wondering exactly what it does.
4. Lastly, I was wondering, sometimes when I get on it for a full run, I smell what smells like hot exhaust. Could this be bad cats from the factory, or is it just the coating burning off? I have 5500miles on it.

Oh and one last thing, my buddy has a 2001 Camaro SS, would he be able to bring his in that day as well?

Thanks for all of your time!

Warp03Cobra

Community Racers
Established Member
That was my car the other day...but the Mafterburner doesn't get all the credit...there is a new pulley on there as well!!!

If I reprogram my chip, can I expect any more HP/Tq?

Thanks again
Evan
:beer: :beer: :beer:

Hey Chad...PM me and tell me how much an installed Lower will cost me!!! I lost to my brothers z06 by .14 so now i'm gunning for more...

and 1st and 2nd are pretty useless at full throttle now

Last edited:

mystifiedworm

Established Member
03DSGSVT: We will be doing dyno pulls only. No mod changes as we hope to have a large turn out, all brands will be here. The afterburner allows the owner to program the fuel curve in closed and open loop with a laptop. Not sure what the smell might be. I tore my exhaust off pretty soon after I got the car so not sure what to tell you. Hope this gives you some kind of direction.

Warp03Cobra: If you reprogram your chip you might get a little better numbers but then we will need to work on the Afterburner after a new chip is installed. Good to hear that you are enjoying the new mods, sorry to hear that you lost by a little. I will pm you with a price for the lower and install price.

Thanks, Chad

NightEnforcer

Established Member
Hey Chad. Where is Dave? Are you taking any appointments for the dyno day or is it first come first serve? I have a friend with a vette that is intersted as well.

Thanks again for your help when I dynoed last Friday. PLease thank the other guys in the shop as well. The NGK plugs are still running strong, however I am going to go with a set that is two steps colder than the 6s for a little more insurance against detonation. This plug falls into their racing plug series.

Last edited:

Warp03Cobra

Community Racers
Established Member
Gonna have to add many more Cobra's to Xtreme's Web Site...that is for SURE!!!!

I also need an appropriate set of Nitto rear tires and "cheap" rims to hold them!!!

What kind of HP/Tq would just a lower yield do you think?

Evan

NightEnforcer

Established Member
Not enough to overcome the weight of the 2 million meggawatt stereo sytem in what used to be your trunk, now revised to be a death molecular sound chamber. You need a lower just to make up for the 20 lb brass horse in the front of your car as well.

All joking aside, your car is kewl.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by NightEnforcer
ArizonaSnake are you going to the Xtreme dyno day?

Oh yes, I hope to be there for part of both days. Seems a natural to do the Pavillion car event in on Saturday evening since I am going to be up there. Will probably stay the night and hang out at Xtreme for a bit on Sunday before I drive home. We should hook up and run up there together. Perhaps Chuck will want to go?

davidmax

Established Member
Hey thanks for all the KUDOS,its nice to know if you always do the right thing by your customer it comes back in spades.
I am in the process of buying a Diablo chip burner,and we will be doing some amazing #'s with higher boost,Chip and Mafter Burner.The burner is new and has a few more recalls left so in 2 months we expect to be up and operating.We can only tune 95% of the other ones Ford being borderline will recieve help from a chip by adding some timing as much as we can to keep you OK on 91 pump Pee.
We can install a flip switch which you can use between 91 and 104 usually people go 97 and blend the fuel by mixxing 104 and 91 many race shops like us will fill a 5 Gallon can and and 3 gallons of 91.
You gotta be real careful,some are going 91-100 flip switch so when the low fuel light is lit you add 100-104 race fuel and take no chances and these are the very High HP moters 600+rwhp but we have to do a 98-99 return fuel system which needs new tank with 1 gallon added
to capacity the fuel pump you like with a cycling switch so you only hear the blower and exhaust,but any time you run it leave the toggle switch on.It will cycle at all times(be care ful)
Even than there so fast specially with the (procharger) on 'Stang or a Kenne Bell will both put you well over 600 more likely 660+.Stop in and visit soon we are gearing up now with a huge purchase of Ford Parts for inventory.,Peace,Dave Smilovic

davidmax

Established Member
Oh yes the Camaro is welccome this is open to all cars.Gives us a chance to rip some bowtie.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
03DSGSVT

You could always bring the parts... get a dyno on Sat.... then install the parts and see if you can get back in line.. maybe on Sun?

I can't speak for Mystified.. and I am sure they don't want any car monopolizing the dyno. But if we get you in early.. then some of us give you hand ... we should be able to do the cat back and CAI in the parking lot. Especially if you have some ramps we can back the car up on. Then if you can get back in line, get another dyno run.

Mystified, I really hope you guys can get into the chip tuning game. I have a mail order from JDM and I am very satisfied with it. However as more changes are made I would like to have it tweaked on the dyno to make sure that we get the a/f etc correct.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Dave!

Good news on the burner. Of course my luck, I have a Super Chip. :rollseyes

Ah well...

If I had gotten my Fairlane done I would have brought it up on the trailer so we could do a dyno on it, but I am not even close. :(

Looking forward to this day tho.

NightEnforcer

Established Member
ArizonaSnake I am still on to cruise up to Dave's on Saturday. I am planning on hitting the Good Guys National Rod Show and the the Pavillions also. A full day of gear head mania. Chucks car is in the shop for the dreaded head tick. I haven't talked to him in a few days so I do not know the outcome yet.

davidmax

Established Member
I just got back from a Canada with 2 other Techs and the diablo is the only one to get most expensive and best.We went for a 3 day seminar with the burneer and were going to break some typical #'s because we will be tunning on a Dyno Jet 248 with wide band F/A.
Your cars will be the ones whos taillightss that Z06's will be trying to catch.(We will only tune cars in the shop sorry but we'll leave mail order to the rest.We can do 500 tunes Via mail order a year but we still dont beeeeelieeveeee in theese being effectieve.)
So drive in and get the best tune anywhere ster Mid Januaary,Dave Smilovic
I hope we get a chance to burn alot I, always love cars that accept the
tune nice and EZ and you cant beat forced air induction,Dave Smilovic

03DSGSVT

Established Member
Excellent, thanks for all the fast replies!

Not sure actually if I'll even have the exhaust and stuff by then, but it is good to know how it will work.

Thanks again, and hopefully I'll see all you up there...!

Users who are viewing this thread