Gradual throttle application feels faster than WOT from a roll?

5.0jake

Established Member
My 15' stang gt manual power delivery from a roll feels a lot stronger/faster (sotp) gradually applying throttle than going wot. From a stop starting in first at WOT and then going through the gears continuing at WOT is fine (traction permitting). Basically if I want to feel good power or impress passengers while rolling, I need to step on it a certain ''way'' rather than just flooring it, making the acceleration feel flat. The new WRX has a similar phenomenon with more power feel at tip in. I don't think there is anything wrong with my car because the many coyote stangs I've driven over the years feel like this.

This is my biggest complaint with this car followed by the cheesy 18 in all seasons, the rest I love.

What is the deal, is this due to drive by wire?
My 12' GT and 14' GT's had a similar feel which tuning did not remedy. My auto was like this going through the gears ''manually'' in select shift mode.

cobra199711

Established Member
I get what your saying, in my option some of this is attributed to more wheel spin at Wot vs gradually getting on it. Spinning maybe cool but doesn't put you in the seat like hooking up. I do agree

5.0jake

Established Member
I do get spin in the first couple gears and going in to 3rd at WOT but not enough power to spin starting in 3rd or 4th...

Voltwings

Established Member
No, its all drive-by-wire. Its part of the nanies and traction control and all that crap built in, a tune 100% eliminates that.

5.0jake

Established Member
I figured it was the drive-by-wire. The car is quick enough as my daily driver but the power delivery is weird corresponding to throttle position.

I had a bad tuning experience with my last GT so tuning is out for me.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
I figured it was the drive-by-wire. The car is quick enough as my daily driver but the power delivery is weird corresponding to throttle position.

I had a bad tuning experience with my last GT so tuning is out for me.

who tuned it?

PIKE5.0

Established Member
I've always noticed this in mine, both the '15 and '12. I had an AED tune on my '12. I always disliked how it felt at WOT like that. It was much more enjoyable to roll into it.

The '15 was like that from stock, I attributed to TQ mgmt and stock vct tuning. My current tune in my '15 feels much better than stock, and past tunes.

KonaFifty

Established Member
not an aed nut swinger here...but if you do not hold down the traction control button for 5 seconds or more and turn off advance trac and the sort completely, then torque management will still kick in (even when tuned). i asked shaun about this a while back on my 12 when i use to double tap before going since it was quicker, eventually when i down shifted torque management kicked in and there was hesitation before taking off. he told me that i need to turn off advance trac completely if i do not want torque management kicking in. that solved my problem. downshifts became fun again and it didnt feel like something would break...

Users who are viewing this thread