Grabber Blue Resale

Eleanor14

Established Member
I've been running searches on this for a few days and I want a fresh perspective. How is the resale market for grabber blue. I found a stripe delete 2013 and the color looks great in person, but I'm a bit afraid of resale because of the color. If I picked the car up, I would also have my Ford dealer install the black stripes and I'm not sure if that would hurt resale as well. Any opinions/advice would be appreciated...The other car I saw is
Silver Grey Metallic with black stripes.

GT500662

Established Member
I don't think the color would matter much on resale...a lot of people desire the grabber blue anyway. If you like the color, go for it is what I'd say!

Snoopy49

Established Member
I would go with the more traditional white stripes and they would be easier to take care of. The only downside to stripes other than black, is the lack of matching colored stripes on the seats.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Grabber blue is a awesome color and a lot of people like it so don't be worried about resale. And I would personally go with white stripes over black, but it will be your car so do what makes you happy.

CA Lightfoot

Established Member
Grabber blue is a awesome color and a lot of people like it so don't be worried about resale. And I would personally go with white stripes over black, but it will be your car so do what makes you happy.

Agree completely.

But given a choice, I'd rather have Sterling Gray Metallic with black stripes.

Of course, for any used car I'm more concerned with condition, miles, maintenance, clean title, etc etc etc.

Last edited:

WVTrakPak

Established Member
2013_ford_shelby_gt500-pic-7900869659528091992-1024x768.jpeg

10009859_897504386936186_750480537326418985_n.jpg

Obviously I have an opinion on this....actually several.

1. Grabber Blue will hold value. It is a rare and a Mustang color from the golden era. When i was looking, i eventually decided it was Grabber or nothing. I like other colors, just like it the best. The 70 Boss 429 Grabber has always been a favorite.
2. 2010-2012 with white stripes look great due to the wheels that are stock.
3. 2013-2014 Black stripes look much better due to the predominance of the performance pack wheels. The black wheels and black stripes simply pop to me.
4. Convertibles with black tops need black stripes.

I bought mine with white stripes because it was Grabber and was the deal and condition I wanted. Did not take me long to change the stripes. I will eventually change the seats too, but I am not in a hurry. These are my opinions and I am not offended if you disagree. It doesnt bother me if someone has a different opinion.....unless the think slomaros are good cars, then i simply stop listening all together.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I personally prefer the stripe delete, and I agree the color has really nothing to do with the value to me.
I do like grabber blue.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
If you like the car, buy it....................( I am biased toward the SGM )
The black stripes will go with the stripe delete seats.
I have never considered resale when buying, color on a GT500 shouldn't matter.

Zemedici

Established Member
grabber blue is sexy.

But why are you considering resale of a car you are buying? If you're already thinking about selling a vehicle you havent even purchased yet, perhaps you shouldnt purchase said vehicle, hmm? :beer:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you're already thinking about selling a vehicle you havent even purchased yet, perhaps you shouldnt purchase said vehicle, hmm? :beer:

If I thought like that, I would never buy a car. lol

SlowVert

Established Member
I have a SGM Vert with Black.... I wanted something that was mean looking, a color I wouldn't regret or be tired of years later and blended in enough that the Highway patrol didn't see me coming 3 miles away..... with that being said - I do wish at times I went the Grabber Blue route - it's a damn nice color with black stripes.... if you want a car that stands out and grabs attention - nothing will beat that color.

J.

lvxlr8n

Established Member
I like mine. GB/Black stripe. I almost went white stripes and changed my mind after I placed my order. No regrets here!

carguy19

Established Member
I feel that grabber blue is a signature historic color for our cars (and cars from the past as well) and that in time, they will be worth as much or more because of their rarity then any other color.

With Grabber Blue its hard to mistake a car for a regular mustang, it stands out. W a black car or gray, esp w stripe delete, its easy to not be able to tell if its a GT500 or a 5.0 GT.

Thats my 2c at least.

Zemedici

Established Member
If I thought like that, I would never buy a car. lol

Eh, should just buy it and enjoy it. If you make money, great. if you lose money, consider it paying for the experience with the vehicle. Ya know? hahah cars are an awful investment (as you know, per our professions :lol:)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Eh, should just buy it and enjoy it. If you make money, great. if you lose money, consider it paying for the experience with the vehicle. Ya know? hahah cars are an awful investment (as you know, per our professions :lol:)
I've always faired fairly well.

5.8 Venom

Established Member
I've done well on resale with every Mustang I have owned, but I never went into the purchase just for resale.

Users who are viewing this thread