GP Extrude Honed Intake...

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
Hey ALL,

just trying to see if there's interest in setting up a group purchase to have (6) or more of our intakes sent in to have them honed...we can get a stage 1 for 475 + shipping or a stage 2 for 525 + shipping...if anyone is interested please contact me and leave a way that I can get a hold of you...I'm still driving my car for another month so this will probably happen around Nov. 15...the guys up north that store their cars for winter will benefit by this most since we don't have a timeline...but its looking like only a 2 week turn-around time, but as we all know expect longer so not to be dis-appointed...this process is also looking to add Approx...20-25 hp...very dependent on other bolt-ons, and tune...

the stage 2 is gasket matching...

you will get your exact intake back...

everyone says our intakes choke at about 6000 so this will definitely help up top...so I'm just trying to set something up here that also should have come from the factory...

take care,
Chris

RioRed4v

Established Member
i'd be down for some sort of GP pricing on intakes. later in the year would definitely be better, but not to late though due to x-mas and whatnot.

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
SVECobraR said:
what other mods should we get along with this bbesides a tune?

no other mods are required, this just sets you up for future mods...those staying N/A will benefit most, if your looking to go blown, might be money better saved for something else...

I was just saying those with most bolt-ons already might see a different increase than those that are still stock...

personally I'm doing mine for optimal use with a set of 500 cams...

Last edited:

RioRed4v

Established Member
i dont get how they say they use epoxy, but then they say in their description that they dont, and thats it bad to use it.

prices seem reasonable though

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
thanks but I've read the other ways to port an intake, and I'm offering the Extrude Hone to others that want to get in with me...if you want to set-up a group buy on some weak ass cut and glue kindergarten project do it else where...not in my thread...!!

1SickSnake

Established Member
droptopsnake01 said:
www.pfabrication.com

ported intake cut and welded back together for $350 shipped!

Real good from that place. I know the owner, his name is Erik. My intake was his first '01 that he got to work on. He had done great work on the '96-'98 intakes but he also wanted to start on the '99-'01. We have been friends for a few years now, I dont get to talk to him to much now, he's always busy with his company. If you want a REAL GOOD port job Erik is your guy and NO,he does not do some weak ass cut and kindergarded glue projects!!! :loser:

Last edited:

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
themadgmkillr said:
thanks but I've read the other ways to port an intake, and I'm offering the Extrude Hone to others that want to get in with me...if you want to set-up a group buy on some weak ass cut and glue kindergarten project do it else where...not in my thread...!!

Haha, bet my "kindergarten cut and weld intake will make just as much if not more as your extrude and honed on for alot cheaper also.

Dumbass. :rollseyes

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Venomous281 said:
thats not bad, his work looks good. I will probably get my 98 intake re-done, my work isnt as good as his. Does he do the upper plenum too? How long does it take for your intake to get back to you?

I dont wanna speak for him, so just shoot him an email, he will answer any question that you have

His email: [email protected]

Nazman

Established Member
Just get your intake ported. No way you will see 20-25HP gain on EH. I have seen 18RWHP gain with my work. Not seen one better those numbers yet with a Long Runner intake.

Naz

YardSpecial

War Veteran X 2
Established Member
RioRed4v said:
i dont get how they say they use epoxy, but then they say in their description that they dont, and thats it bad to use it.

prices seem reasonable though

I took me a couple times to read it as well, the epoxy is used to SHAPE the the ports for air flow then WELDED back togther.
This price is insane cheap for the work being done.............

You can read it for yourself:

1999-2001 Intakes

All 99-01 Cobra intakes come with epoxy work and brand new freeze plugs. All intake ports are gasket matched to the head ports and all injector bosses are tear dropped. Bottom of intakes are cut, worked, and TIG welded back together. We don't use epoxy like some porters. That's asking for trouble!

We've seen gains of 15rwhp/12rwtq up to 27rwhp/22rwtq and increased throttle response. Depending on mods, results may vary.

Intake port w/ epoxy $225.00

Intake port w/epoxy, cut and weld $350.00

Users who are viewing this thread