got the steeda cai and magnaflow axlebacks put on today.. my review

stang1971

Established Member
so i have been waiting on sct so i can mod and tune the car... sct came thru finally so it was time for modding. My good friends at mc racing in the local kc area helped me out. I chose the steeda cai and the magnalow axlebacks for my mods. the sound of the axlebacks are PERFECT for what i wanted... idle.. just a rumble.. low rpm.. just a rumble... hammer it.. sounds kick ass and will put fear in camaro owners!!!! so with everything on and no tune it made 399 hp.... stock it made 385.... so once tuned it made 415 with 394 tq... very good numbers for the air quality here in kc and it was 92* today.. so i gained 30 hp. took it to the track tonight.. first pass was 12.66 :eek: i was very shocked.. i picked up 4 tenths from a week ago... at the end of the night i managed a 12.44 with a 1.70 60' and backed it up with a 12.46 with a 1.72 60'. so i lost 6 tenths in et just over the 30 hp.. but that 30 hp was over the whole range...

i am very happy with the results.. the car flys now.... anyone thinking of doing the same setup, you will love it..

sb03cobra

Established Member
Nice times. How does the Steeda fit? Did you use the base tune or did MC make adjustments? I'm looking at doing the same thing very soon.

stang1971

Established Member
whats your mph on your runs? What tires are you running? Im assuming your not hitting 1.7 with stock tires. Good times!
111 and 112. nitto nt05r's

mc added 5 * of timing and that was about it.. the cai and exhuast didnt throw off my af very much... after the install i was right at 11.7:1

jleews6

Established Member
111 and 112. nitto nt05r's

mc added 5 * of timing and that was about it.. the cai and exhuast didnt throw off my af very much... after the install i was right at 11.7:1

I would have to think that there is some power in the A/F. Get that into atleast the mid 12s and you will see some good power.

03VenomBite

Established Member
Good numbers! Almost the same as my numbers (hp + tq). What is the weight with you in the car? I have a friend in FL with a cobra, with almost identical numbers and he said he was at the track with a new 5.0 with tires and tune and he got him of the tree and won by .2! I haven't been to the track yet, I'm overseas with the army and will be home in 10 days!!!! But I was thinking about getting one! My guest is that you would say yes do it!

Users who are viewing this thread