Got the stall what is the TSB#

BLUBYU2

Established Member
I had my cobra at the dealer yesterday and they told me that if there is a TSB for the re-flash they dont have it yet or cant find the number. After my conversation with the service manager I felt like I knew more about the car than he did. Does anyone have the TSB number for the flash so I can get the flash. Thanks guys.:thumbsup:

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
I believe this is what you are looking for. It came from this thread:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79020

=====

SM 17542 2003 MUSTANG COBRA - LACK OF POWER ON DECELERATION
SOME 2003 MUSTANG COBRA VEHICLES MAY EXHIBIT DRIVABILITY CONCERNS INCLUDING LOSS OF POWER ON DECEL. THIS MAY BE CAUSED BY THE CALIBRATION OF THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM). TO SERVICE, REPROGRAM THE PCM WITH THE LATEST CALIBRATION AVAILABLE USING WDS RELEASE B29.3 OR HIGHER. CALIBRATION FILES ARE ALSO AVAILABLE AT www.MOTORCRAFT.COM.

=====

It is not a TSB but rather a SSM. I'm not aware of a TSB for the stall issue. Mine is in the shop right now getting this done. Just read that to them and that should be all that you need.

1CEBITN

Blue by you!
Established Member
03Blacksnake hit the nail on the head. Take the SSM verbiage with you and they should be able to look it up in their system. I had mine done shortly after it was released and still no stall...

BLUBYU2

Established Member
Originally posted by 03blacksnake
I believe this is what you are looking for. It came from this thread:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79020

=====

SM 17542 2003 MUSTANG COBRA - LACK OF POWER ON DECELERATION
SOME 2003 MUSTANG COBRA VEHICLES MAY EXHIBIT DRIVABILITY CONCERNS INCLUDING LOSS OF POWER ON DECEL. THIS MAY BE CAUSED BY THE CALIBRATION OF THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM). TO SERVICE, REPROGRAM THE PCM WITH THE LATEST CALIBRATION AVAILABLE USING WDS RELEASE B29.3 OR HIGHER. CALIBRATION FILES ARE ALSO AVAILABLE AT www.MOTORCRAFT.COM.

=====

It is not a TSB but rather a SSM. I'm not aware of a TSB for the stall issue. Mine is in the shop right now getting this done. Just read that to them and that should be all that you need.

Thanks for the information. I called the dealer and they are looking into it and are going to call me back to schedule the car. I appreciate all of the help. This is a true sign of how helpful these fourms are.

:thumbsup:

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by BLUBYU2
Thanks for the information. I called the dealer and they are looking into it and are going to call me back to schedule the car. I appreciate all of the help. This is a true sign of how helpful these fourms are.

:thumbsup:

If the service manager knew his job he would have known he could run an Oasis on your car with the problem and that would have given him the SSM number. Just sounds like he's the typical Ford personnel who don't want to do anything. Well, there are the exceptions of course. But they are few and far between.

RJCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by BLUBYU2
After my conversation with the service manager I felt like I knew more about the car than he did.

I know what you mean after several discussions with my own service manager.
Because of this forum, we ALL know more then they do.

Users who are viewing this thread