got the cobra tuned finally 2.9 whipple

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
What's up guys finally got my cobra tuned this Saturday at albuquerque NM at the dyno edge after installing my return fuel system. Chris grooves is a awesome guy and tuner I highly recommend anyone looking to get their car tuned in the nm state area to go there.

Here is my dyno graph
IMAG0219.jpg

Also took some videos for you guys
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tNTYOmGREc&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]2.9 whipple cobra at the dyno edge - YouTube[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0rL58k5UBU&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]2.9 whipple cobra at the dyno edge - YouTube[/nomedia]

I was very satisfied with the numbers especially at my elevation only saw 16 psi in albuquerque with 3.5 pulley. We were surprised it made 622 at only 16 psi.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Thats some great hp and only on 16lbs of boost!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
What is the elevation? 16psi sounds fairly low, but is what I would want to run.

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
Elevation at albuqurque is 5,312 ft above sea level at san Antonio I was seeing 17.8 psi. Here In el paso we are at 3900 ft above sea level

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
At sea level with dense cool humidity free air that HP number would be a good bit higher, even so Very nice for the boost level!

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
I am going to be upping the boost later on when I put on a crusher setup and switch to e85 but for now I'm just going to enjoy the car, took me a while to get it to where its at right now.

mach1033

Established Member
Congrats on getting your car done. Great power to and those numbers don't surprise me with that blower. Enjoy the car. :rockon:

Ukfox89

Established Member
congrats man, i hea rya on not being able to drive the car. a nissan pickup doesnt quite cut it when it comes to driving on beautiful days. im up in the air right now about mail in tune or dyno session. cost and traveling is my problem, not so much the cost, i dont mind paying for a good tune.

dlc03

Established Member
I will be looking for a tuner soon here in nm. i have considered dyno edge and what about thr in el paso, you know anything about them. Also what mods along with the 2.9 did you go with. Pullied eaton now and thinking of skipping the 2.3 and jump right into the 2.9. Any opinions

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
Thanks everyone as soon as I got home like at 10 at night I took it out for a spin to see how it feels and not more that 2 minutes into my test drive I got pulled over lol didn't get a ticket the cop was pretty cool he had a cobra him self. He said he heard me accelerate and he was like 1/4 mile away from me

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
I will be looking for a tuner soon here in nm. i have considered dyno edge and what about thr in el paso, you know anything about them. Also what mods along with the 2.9 did you go with. Pullied eaton now and thinking of skipping the 2.3 and jump right into the 2.9. Any opinions

Honestly I wouldn't trust anyone in elpaso with my cobra have heard a lot of bad things on the shops here. I was also going to go 2.3 but decided to go 2.9 don't regret it one bit if you can go 2.9 and still have plenty of room to grow. My mode are

2.9 whipple 3.5 pulley stock lower
MAC longtubes
O/r h pipe
Steeda catback 2.5
Solid axle 3.73 gears
Jlt high boost intake
Accufab sbtb
Ba2800
80 lb injectors
Dual walbros -10 feed -8 return lethal fuel rails
Chris didn't like how I had my fuel rails fed he was surprised lethal told me to do it that way he said it was regulating the pressure before it was even in the rails so we ended up redoing my fuel line fed the front of both rails then the back of the rails to the regulator then to back to tank not bashing on lethal or anything just letting everyone how good he wanted to take of me he didn't want me to blow my motor for lack of fuel

Last edited:

JrSVT

Established Member
Congrats on the numbers....I love that torque curve (or lack of curve) it holds steady all the way to red line!! I can't wait to get my 2.9 on and tuned.

Jr.

Canman2531

Established Member
Chris didn't like how I had my fuel rails fed he was surprised lethal told me to do it that way he said it was regulating the pressure before it was even in the rails so we ended up redoing my fuel line fed the front of both rails then the back of the rails to the regulator then to back to tank not bashing on lethal or anything just letting everyone how good he wanted to take of me he didn't want me to blow my motor for lack of fuel

I'm a little late to the party here, but I was going to follow lethal's diagram for the fuel setup as described in the above quote. I was also told by a few tuning people that they'd never set up their car that way for the same reason as "chris". Not sure why lethal would want it that way.

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
Elevation at albuqurque is 5,312 ft above sea level at san Antonio I was seeing 17.8 psi. Here In el paso we are at 3900 ft above sea level

Did you drive your car all the way to Albuquerque? Im in Alamogordo and eventually ill need my car tuned and was wondering how far it is from here?(Dont really want to drive my cobra that far) Also, is there anywhere to get a car dyno'd in El Paso or Cruces?

Users who are viewing this thread