Got the Cobra lowered, de-spoiled, and wheeled up

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
Well since this weekend's weather was a bit nicer than the last, got out early this morning and cut the springs, painted the calipers, took of the spoiler, and threw on the Saleens. Let me know whatcha think :banana:

Before
DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

The car rides great. Cut 1 coil up front and 3/4 out back and took out all the isolators.
DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

Sorry for the night pictures, ran outta daylight.

Next up, shifter, LED taglights, and HID Fogs, tint, and other misc dress up. I'm gonna get it tame power wise. But I am taking it on the track in a few months so FLSFC, new bushings, new rotors and stuff like that. Maybe even some new shocks and struts if funds allow.

And I also ordered a set of 01+ headlights today that should be here by the end of the week.

And I am still in search of some center caps, I bought the wheels used so I don't know what company made them and I am having the hardest time finding the correct size cap.

As of right now the only other modifications to the car is a flowmaster cat-back and an adjustable clutch.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
I go to school up in Kennesaw, so around Cobb. But right now I'm on spring break so I'm back home near Henry County.

Jonesboro is my hometown. I moved up this way due to job. My family is all around the Atlanta Motor Speedway.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
There you go! That's how you make progress great job :rockon:

sc98cbra

Established Member
Cut the springs?!?! My eyes! Nah, JK! Does she ride good? Any problems realigning? Your Car is sexy, although chrome saleens would have looked better.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man, night and day difference. I wouldn't change a thing if you're happy with what you've got. Enjoy!!

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
Cut the springs?!?! My eyes! Nah, JK! Does she ride good? Any problems realigning? Your Car is sexy, although chrome saleens would have looked better.

Thanks bud! :rockon:

I was thinking about polishing them, but they look sexy in silver and really make the paint pop.

The car rides just like stock and I did not have any problems with the alignment.

Man, night and day difference. I wouldn't change a thing if you're happy with what you've got. Enjoy!!

Thanks man! :beer:

I was thinking about going a little lower, but I love not having to worry about speedbumps or steep driveways.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
About the alignment, you may not notice any difference driving but I'm sure you'll start to notice the tire wear...

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
About the alignment, you may not notice any difference driving but I'm sure you'll start to notice the tire wear...

I'm gonna have it re-aligned on Monday for that reason. While it drives straight now I don't wanna be buying tires in 5,000 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread