Got some goodies in yesterday...

Dave_6

Established Member
Can't wait to get it all installed! Got everything from JPC except for the shifter bracket which I got from AM. I was pleasantly surprised at how light the LCAs are.
1469985_10152051626372349_837107428_n_zpscbeb8b8a.jpg

Last edited:

BMR Tech

WOOT! Great choices.

Those TCA019 are 4# each, compared to the factory LCA which are 5.9# each.

;)

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
They're not very difficult. The UCA and mount are the big job.

I had my BMR UCA plus mount in and out of my 11GT 4 times and it really isn't that bad.

The only part that sucks is breaking that bolt under the seat free the first time.

Dave_6

Established Member
I had my BMR UCA plus mount in and out of my 11GT 4 times and it really isn't that bad.

The only part that sucks is breaking that bolt under the seat free the first time.

Well that's good to know. The hardest thing for me is probably going to be having room to get to it with the car only being on jack stands.

RFM50

Established Member
Very nice! I can't wait for my BMR relocation brackets to show up. They got delayed by ups by a day. They were supposed to be here today. Oh well can't install them until this weekend anyways.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Well that's good to know. The hardest thing for me is probably going to be having room to get to it with the car only being on jack stands.

I've done it on jack stands everytime.

Getting the old arm out and the new one in just requires a few mins of playing tetris to work it out around everything.

It really isn't that bad. I don't know why people make it out to be the worst part. I found the front sway bar to be more of a pita to swap than the rear UCA. lol.

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
Do yourself a favor and go ahead and remove the over axle pipes, also, when you jack it up, put your stands under the body and let the rear end hang down. This will free up lots of room. Just use your jack to lift the rear end when you get ready to remove and install the diff bushing bolt to relieve pressure. Good luck!

01GTB

Established Member
Same here. Got home and seven boxes stacked by the door. BMR stuff bought from Terry and a box from Autogeek. Hopefully the driveshaft from JPC shows up in the next couple of weeks so I can do all this stuff at one time.

Dave_6

Established Member
Do yourself a favor and go ahead and remove the over axle pipes, also, when you jack it up, put your stands under the body and let the rear end hang down. This will free up lots of room. Just use your jack to lift the rear end when you get ready to remove and install the diff bushing bolt to relieve pressure. Good luck!

Glad you mentioned this; where exactly is the best place to put the stands on the body if just the rear is jacked up?

Dave_6

Established Member
Ok. I was afraid that 'seam' on the rail would distort since it can't really sit down into a jack stand.

nowwhat

Established Member
I have those exact parts with the exception of BMR's billet LCAs. Nice quality pieces for sure. Now I just need to find time to install them.

momstmg

Established Member
Also I would measure distance between body and front of back tire before and after lca relo bracket install. After I installed mine, they are off by a 1/4" so I ordered adjustable lca to correct it.

Users who are viewing this thread