Got popped for no front plates.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
I got one ticket so far but my car was parked outside. I will not drill holes in my Gt or cobra! No way! Never!

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
I also got pulled over last week for this. It was 8pm so it was kinda dark and i just rolled my windows down because i have 5% also. I got a warning and i think i'm just going to put my plate on the dash behind the windshield because like the O.P said, there's no way i'm going to drill holes.

Wease

I Love Beavers
Established Member
Front plates are a law in Ohio, but I run a Collector Car plate and I heard once (not sure if it's true) that you don't have to run a front plate with those. I've never been hassled for it, although I did get ticketed once in my Formula for it, as I didn't run a front plate with that either. I'll pay the fine and keep driving. No way am I drilling my bumper... :(

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
I've had my Cobra about 1 month now but it's been at my parents' place since driving it back from Alabama. Finally got it back to my place this past weekend. I was 30 mi. from my house and got pulled over by a state trooper (this is after driving 230 mi. and passing by at least 10 troopers in the median along the way!). He first questioned the tinted windows, then the front plate. Tried explaining to him that it was an Alabama car and I was "in the process" of making it IL. legal. Couldn't believe he got me for the plate since I had a bra on the car. Anyways, he let me go with a written warning on both accounts. Figured I'd get pulled over eventually for no plate & tinted windows...just didn't expect it to happen sooo soon.

FEARLE5S

www.SALINASRACING.com
Established Member
that sucks... ive had 10 fix it tickets... in those tickets ive had, 8 no front lisence plate, 4 tinted windows (5% sides and rear) 1 exhaust and 1 BALD TIRES! lol good thing i have a friend whose brother is a LEO :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread