Got my second cobra - mystichrome

Jack Burton

Established Member
A few years back I had a modded up 03 black cobra putting down 507hp/503tq. Wasn't driving it much at the time and the gas prices were going up so I sold it while the market was good.

Well, last week I got a 2004 mystichrome cobra with 23k miles and bone stock. I lucked out on this deal. The car was owned by my father in law. He wanted his daughter to have something of his so he gave it to us. So, I now have a low mileage stock cobra sitting in my garage (trust me, I still haven't gotten used to having something that nice that didn't cost me a ton of money).

My wife hated my c5z06 which I got rid of not too long ago. She wasn't fond of my cobra at first either, but she grew to love it. She really loves this mystichrome one (probably cause it was her dad's) and I've been teaching her to drive a stick with it. She isn't doing too bad, probably cause I taught her a bit on my z06.

I don't have any good pics of it yet, just a few that my wife snapped with her phone after she gave it a quick bath while I was at work.

219760_1825132119543_1577474989_31781237_6573611_o.jpg

201902_1825132279547_1577474989_31781238_7961684_o.jpg

220521_1825131199520_1577474989_31781236_695401_o.jpg

I guess the sun shines on a dogs ass from time to time :lol1:

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
So you're father-n-law gave you the car & your lovely wife washed it for you while you were gone? YOU LUCKY BASTARD! :banana:

Congrats!

Jack Burton

Established Member
Wow, lucky bastid! Do you know what the build # is? Car looks great!

Offhand, no I don't. But, I have all the paperwork for it at home. I can post it up later :beer:

Yes, I'm VERY lucky. To tell the truth, I'm still kind of in disbelief. I actually feel weird driving it, almost like I'm not supposed to touch it or something. :lol:

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
god forbid if anything should happen to that car. better start taking his ass out for golf outings and fine dining on regular occasions :thumbsup:

I would feel weird to drive it too

Jack Burton

Established Member
god forbid if anything should happen to that car. better start taking his ass out for golf outings and fine dining on regular occasions :thumbsup:

I would feel weird to drive it too

The car is in good hands. I'm very anal about my vehicles, and he knows how much I love these cars. Last time we were up visiting with him I spent a day washing, claying, and waxing the car. The next day I washed it again and put a coat of ICE on it for him. He was happy with that.

So, he knows that I will keep the car clean and won't let it slide. That, and it would be pretty disrespectful (IMO) to receive a gift like this and not take perfect care of it. Every night when I get home I go out in my garage to have a few beers...and stare at it. :rolling:

Jack Burton

Established Member
Lol I was thinking the same thing

Congrats OP

:lol1:The wife felt bad for me. After her dad drove it down it was all dirty from the drive and it was dark out, so I didn't get to wash the car. I also had to work the next day (she had the day off) and she knew it was driving me mental that it was sitting in my garage dirty. So, she washed it for me. She also knows how anal I am about cleaning cars a certain way, so she took her time and cleaned it the way that I like it done.

Definitely felt like a pretty lucky dude.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
wow, congrats!
it's really cool that you and your wife have something you both can enjoy since it's something you love and she has a connection to it with it once being her father's car. Should keep the standard resentment most of us get from our women when we are doing "car shit" since it seems as though she's interested enough to partake in those with you
you're a lucky guy!

04SVTMystic