Got My New F--kin Fast Shift Knob

pvteye

Established Member
Can they just send the stamping out and let us put it on the knob ourselves.... not sure I want to spring for a second knob, and definately do not want to run around a week without one.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Originally posted by IronTerp
The factory knob is like $43.90...I bought one about 5 months ago. What do you do when you're taking your Mom to church and she looks down at your "f......n fast" shift knob????

If you're driving the car right, she'll probably be screaming those words......

Fastjoker

Established Member
Sorry for not replying sooner I just got back in from a car show.

They did the cig lighter for me about 6 weekes ago.

They probably can engrave almost what ever you want on the knob. Call and ask them for a price on Monday. Knowing a little about how they knock stuff out, I bet it will be less than $10.00 additional charge for custom words.

I wiill ask them on Monday if they would be willing to supply new knobs VS sending yours in and get back to you all.

Russtang

Established Member
I'm not interested in the shifter knob, but I MUST HAVE one of those cigarette lighters!

How much did you pay? Think they would go into production of those too?

Thx,
Russ

EDIT: Found one here:

http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang_lighter.html

UPR also makes a billet delete button.

Not nearly as cool as yours though!

Last edited:

J15BIG

Established Member
Good thing I have an extra shift knob laying around. thanks for the info:lol:

jshen

Established Member
Originally posted by mike79
Tell her not to look or you will push the eject button on her!

Truly great reply...:thumbsup:

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
I want an "Eject" Cig Ligher. Contact number for the company that makes it please. JP

cobra93teal

Psycho Pilot Racing
Established Member
i dont know...not to burst your bubble(i LIKE the knob) but our cars top out in 5th...not 6th......so its fckn fast in 5th......overdrive in 6th......i know im going to catch hell for this post....like i said i like the knob.....but i in 6th at top speed all u r doing is slowing down...

fubu795

Banned
Originally posted by cobra93teal
i dont know...not to burst your bubble(i LIKE the knob) but our cars top out in 5th...not 6th......so its fckn fast in 5th......overdrive in 6th......i know im going to catch hell for this post....like i said i like the knob.....but i in 6th at top speed all u r doing is slowing down...

Have you drive a cobra lately, GEEESSSSH! I had 5th pinned at 169MPH, have video with digital readout to proove it. Car was still pulling hard, if I had enough balls I could have easily hit 6th and went to 18X!

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member

um no... they dont top out in 5th....they top out in 6th.... just as fubu795 said in the post above...we hit 169 in 5th...and it was at like 5900rpms and it was still pulling:bowdown: ohh and what about that 03 cobra at the salt flats, do u think he was doing 178 in 5th gear:nono: 6th gear pulls buddy...maybe u got a 01 cobra with a 6 speed transmission:shrug:

BBriBro

Established Member
...so its fckn fast in 5th......overdrive in 6th
Technically both 5th and 6th are overdrive, 4th is a 1:1 ratio. Like others said, top speed is attained in 6th, Maybe you are confusing it with the F bodies, which had such a tall 6th, it was only for EPA reasons. Remember we paid a huge gas guzzler tax, so the gearing is proper !

Russtang

Established Member
So, has anyone called them regarding the eject lighter? Seems to be pretty popular!

What did you pay for it Fastjoker?

Fastjoker

Established Member
I don't recall. I will have to go through my receipts. I do remeber it wasn't very expensive. I will try to get the number up tonight. If not it will be up on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread