Got My New F--kin Fast Shift Knob

Fastjoker

Established Member
Got My New "F--kin Fast" Shift Knob

Got my F—kin Fast Shift knob on Friday. Looks Fantastically Cool! I had a shop in Tucson AZ make it for me. They made some custom bike parts for me in the past, so I asked them if they could do it for me. The shop is a DOD contractor, but also manufactures custom car and cycle parts for locals. They have CNC milling machines, lathes, stamping machines laser cutters, water jet capability etc etc., so they can just about manufacture anything. They use the stock Cobra knob and remove the aluminum insert and old glue. They manufactured a coining die that duplicates the size and shape of the center insert of the knob. They stamp or coin the insert out of aluminum, brush finish it, laser etch the letters, and epoxy coat the surface so it looks identical to the original. They then align the insert and glue it in place on the knob. I told them others would be interested so they made up a bunch of blank inserts ready to be engraved and finished. They told me Friday if you send them your knob they will do the change over for $35.00 per knob plus postal shipping of $8.00, and now that they have the process down pat they said they can turn them around in 4 days. The name and number is GG&G 520-748-7167. They don’t turn there sales line on until 10AM. I learned the hard way. By the way they are set up to take credit cards.

full_1765_p13200.jpg

full_1765_p13201.jpg

Last edited:

wannastang93

Canes Fan!!!!
Established Member
me want!!!!!...what happen to teh ones they were gonna make 4 every1 i want 1 for my 5spd

alex:beer:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Do you get to keep the old top? ALso, does anyone know how much it costs to get the original shift knob from ford?

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Originally posted by mike79
Do you get to keep the old top? ALso, does anyone know how much it costs to get the original shift knob from ford?
The factory knob is like $43.90...I bought one about 5 months ago. What do you do when you're taking your Mom to church and she looks down at your "f......n fast" shift knob????

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Originally posted by IronTerp
The factory knob is like $43.90...I bought one about 5 months ago. What do you do when you're taking your Mom to church and she looks down at your "f......n fast" shift knob????

DId you get yours from the dealership? Tell her not to look or you will push the eject button on her!

Aaron_01

Banned

I dunno about yours but mine would laugh

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Mine would think it was funny. Why would anyones think its a big deal? ;) Damn prudes!

YGETV8

Established Member
Do you think they could do the "Holy Sh-t" version, too? Don't really see why not, but you never know. Thanks for the info!

lucafu1

Established Member
nice to see another tucsonan!
that knob looks sweet, but i need a tranny before i get a knob.

luis

TRBO VNM

mommy doesn't ride in my car...my wife is lucky when she gets to sit in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread