got my lift installed

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
You are unbelievable!!!
Pure awesomeness!
Can't wait till I finish up grad school to be like you!

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
damn, i hope you don't mind me asking but what do you do for a living??? You got a hell of a line up of cars!!!

I believe he said he is a Dr if I remember from reading the thread back when he posted it. I have 4 Doctors/surgeons in my neighborhood and they are all doing extreemly well even in this economy. I own a retail store and the economy is killing me. I am so pissed at my parents for not pushing Med school lol.

rust0r

Established Member
credit card debt, and borrowing money are two completely different things. anyone who waits until they have enough cash to buy (their house for example) outright, will be either living in a trailer home, or waiting 15 years to buy. i have by far the most amount of debt listed in this thread, between $140k in school loans, big house, and two '09 vehicles. my school loans are at 2.5% interest, and the cars are both 0% financing---i can make more money investing right now, and paying those loans off as slow as possible. i could probably pay off both cars tomorrow with a check if i wanted. it only makes sense to pay my house off at an accelerated rate--i should have it paid off well within 5 years, and we just bought it 6 months ago. i have about as secure of a job as possible.

sure, some people make bad decisions with money. if i had to pay cash for school there's no way i would have been able to do it. that investment has already paid itself off tenfold for me. your logic may work for you, but it is not the norm.

the average physician starts their practice at the age 30-35 depending on what they specialize in. that's 8-10 years after college--8-10 years of lost earning potential, while they've been building up $200k or more in loans, and possibly interest as well. do the math. many pediatricians might earn $110k per year. do you think that's enough to payoff those monstrous loans, buy a house, car, support a family, pay for college and retirement, while having some level of comfort???

you're truly out of touch if you think physicians go into the field primarily for money. i could be doing any one of a number of jobs with my work ethic and abilities and make much more money.

Yet again proving your previous points on how much "you doctors struggle to make ends meet". How many members here can pay off their house in 5? Even 10 years? All while maintaining the types of toys and loan repayment that he is? :burn:

Nice garage and cars though, definitely a nice bunch

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Yet again proving your previous points on how much "you doctors struggle to make ends meet". How many members here can pay off their house in 5? Even 10 years? All while maintaining the types of toys and loan repayment that he is? :burn:

Nice garage and cars though, definitely a nice bunch

i'm not complaining about myself---i worked hard enough to get into one of the most competitive fields in medicine--orthopedic surgery. i do mainly hip and knee replacements. it took incredible work to get into the field, and still takes an incredible amount of time/sacrifice to do the job correctly.

the field of medicine (as a whole) is suffering. i'm making the argument for other physicians who bust their butt, and don't make nearly enough money. obama's plan has already laid out roughly a 5% decrease over the next 8 years in medicare reimbursement, that is already in action. i'm not asking for a raise, not asking for anything other than a pay 'freeze'. keep in mind medicare reimbursed physicians $5k to do a total knee replacement back in the '80's. today, its just over $1k. let me know if you're aware of any other field where the government has had such a negative impact on earnings.

i'm assuming someone posted pics of the house above, i can't see them at work. the garage is detached. haven't made any changes over the winter, and i don't really have time to enjoy the lift--other than for a quick oil change. thanks for all the kind comments on the garage. this summer, i may add a water supply to the shop--that's the only thing it needs at this point (besides, obviously, another car in there).:beer:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
i'm not complaining about myself---i worked hard enough to get into one of the most competitive fields in medicine--orthopedic surgery. i do mainly hip and knee replacements. it took incredible work to get into the field, and still takes an incredible amount of time/sacrifice to do the job correctly.

the field of medicine (as a whole) is suffering. i'm making the argument for other physicians who bust their butt, and don't make nearly enough money. obama's plan has already laid out roughly a 5% decrease over the next 8 years in medicare reimbursement, that is already in action. i'm not asking for a raise, not asking for anything other than a pay 'freeze'. keep in mind medicare reimbursed physicians $5k to do a total knee replacement back in the '80's. today, its just over $1k. let me know if you're aware of any other field where the government has had such a negative impact on earnings.

i'm assuming someone posted pics of the house above, i can't see them at work. the garage is detached. haven't made any changes over the winter, and i don't really have time to enjoy the lift--other than for a quick oil change. thanks for all the kind comments on the garage. this summer, i may add a water supply to the shop--that's the only thing it needs at this point (besides, obviously, another car in there).:beer:

I will be more than happy to store your ZO6 if you run out of room when you get more cars. I'll make sure the engine is properly started and used twice a week. :banana:

EDIT: And yeah, in post #57 I just quoted where you posted up the interior shots of your empty garage and one outside shot of the detached garage.

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
the house has a 3 car garage attached to it, so the wife's SUV and my exploder get to sit in the other garage. the kegerator is fully functional. air compressor lines go from the separate room in the back of the shop and drop down from the ceiling. i have to get the lift connected to the compressor. i'll get some shots of the rest of the house in just a bit

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
we bought the house almost a year ago to the day. we've done quite a bit to the inside of it, new siding, etc etc.

dsc00890e.jpg

basement is completely finished with a movie theater, large playroom, full bath, large in-law suite.

dsc00877vr.jpg

full bar in the basement

dsc00894v.jpg

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
How many sq. ft. is the garage?

it was listed as 40' X 60' when we bought the house, but i think its closer to 36' X 56'. pretty sure i can fit 7 cars in there with the lift if i had to. the central door is 12' by 12', and the ceiling is 20' in the center. its 12' in the back where the lift is, and i have plenty of clearance with any of the cars all the way up on the lift. not sure about my explorer on the lift---i've had it on there, but didn't put the lift all the way up. there's an 8' X 8' office up front and the room in the back for storage is roughly 12' X 12'

Users who are viewing this thread