Got my 2014 5.0 on the 4th! Help with exhaust!

Chadoo951

Established Member
So I just got my 2014 5.0 on the 4th of July. The dealer was giving over 4000 buck off for incentives and then another thousand or so for trade In incentives so I couldn't pass it up. I walked out with a premium gt, brembos, comfort pack, and shaker at 36k OTD and that's with some negative equity on my piece of crap lease trade in which is was more than happy to get rid of.

. My question is if I did a BBK or pypes catless X pipe and mounted that to gt500 mufflers if it will be loud enough for one. And two if it will flow good enough for a Paxton down the line?

qepepega.jpg

u3enytyd.jpg

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
just get an offroad xpipe from lethal upr or bbr. you wont have an issue with a paxton and it will be pretty loud with gt500 ab.

haVesoV777

Established Member
Have you considered getting the boss h-pipe and removing the side baffles? It's pretty cool considering you don't have to switch out the entire piping if you want to change the "loudness" or "flow". Pairing it with a Roush AB should sound pretty nice IMO.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Lethal 3" H pipe + Lethal 2.75" OTA pipes + 2013 GT500 mufflers = amazing

I just want someone to explain to me why the OEM and aftermarket 2013 GT500 mufflers are so darn pricey. I think they are over priced to take advantage of customers who can afford the 2013+ GT500.

Last edited:

KYSVT

Banned
Don't get GT500 mufflers unless you are on a budget. A lot of people get them because they do have a better than stock sound but they are definitely nothing to brag about. Listen to some sound clips and find the tone you want. I have replaced several sets of GT500 axle backs because people get fed up with the lack of sound. Check out magnaflow, borla, roush ect...

poof100

Established Member
Lethal 3" H pipe + Lethal 2.75" OTA pipes + 2013 GT500 mufflers = amazing

I just want someone to explain to me why the OEM and aftermarket 2013 GT500 mufflers are so darn pricey. I think they are over priced to take advantage of customers who can afford the 2013+ GT500.

^^ +1 on the GT500 axle backs. I swapped in the 13 GT500 rear valence on my 13 Boss and I went with Magnaflow's Black Street Series 2013 axle back. I could have bought long tube headers for what I paid for a damn set of mufflers. The Quads do look sweet though and sound kickass.

Ratchet

Established Member
I'm in love with the sound and looks of my 13GT500's and magnaflow 3" x pipe. Has more of a muscle car sound to it.... :beer:

35f2fd8c-bde2-418f-812a-c07957ad23a3_zps5d9aad47.jpg

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I actually got the gt500 ab because I didn't want anything loud. I had Roush ab and got rid of them after a week or so because they were incredibly anoying to me. Hhax the stockers on for a while and then got the gt500 ab and got rid of the resonators. It is very loud and anoying at times. If you want louder then just get ab deletes which are usefull because they are very light.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Listen to them in person at a local meet if you can. Alot of these setups on the 5.0 sound like shit. Especially the roush....The gt500s have a deep more refined tone IMO.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Don't get GT500 mufflers unless you are on a budget. A lot of people get them because they do have a better than stock sound but they are definitely nothing to brag about. Listen to some sound clips and find the tone you want. I have replaced several sets of GT500 axle backs because people get fed up with the lack of sound. Check out magnaflow, borla, roush ect...

You have to hear them without factory cats. They come alive after that, with zero interior drone.

4VFTW

Established Member
just get the GT500 mufflers now or you will just waste money on another axle back now and then switch to the GT500 later...they are the best compromise of loud when you want and quiet when you dont.

13GT5.0

Established Member
just get the GT500 mufflers now or you will just waste money on another axle back now and then switch to the GT500 later...they are the best compromise of loud when you want and quiet when you dont.

IMO the only other axleback that doesn't or isn't too loud or scare the shit out of your neighbors is stainless works' muffs. They sound like pure sex but are $$$$$$$$. Just get the GT 500's and be done with it.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
I think 99% of people get GT500 mufflers for the quad tip look, not the sound. PS car looks great, reminds me of my 2014 when it was stock.

Users who are viewing this thread