Got my 2011 5.0, came from a 2006 GTO!

spc9669

Established Member
Absolutely love this car so far. Here are a few pics. I work at a local ford store also, so anyone who needs a car I'd be more than willing to help!

IMAG0241.jpg

IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG0246.jpg

IMAG0248.jpg

jtm2085

I have a 04 with a cam and the usual bolt ons. I have really been looking at these 5.0's lately. Just hoping yall could tell me what you like better about the mustang and vise versa?

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
I have a 04 with a cam and the usual bolt ons. I have really been looking at these 5.0's lately. Just hoping yall could tell me what you like better about the mustang and vise versa?

I really like the exterior styling vs the GTO. It's not as plain. The aftermarket support attracted me too. I was never too keen on the braking and handling of the goat.

Interior is really a toss up as I like the GTO interior a lot. Plus the highway mileage seemed a tick better as I could see 28 or so on business trips. Plus the technical savvy of LS1 guys is a little higher but most of them are tools.

At the end if the day I'm a mustang guy and love the retro flair 5.0 and big brakes.

03Cobra1979

Established Member
I really like the exterior styling vs the GTO. It's not as plain. The aftermarket support attracted me too. I was never too keen on the braking and handling of the goat.

Interior is really a toss up as I like the GTO interior a lot. Plus the highway mileage seemed a tick better as I could see 28 or so on business trips. Plus the technical savvy of LS1 guys is a little higher but most of them are tools.

At the end if the day I'm a mustang guy and love the retro flair 5.0 and big brakes.

I am a DIE HARD LS1 guy. I still bought the 2011 GT. Only car i would own over this one right now after test driving many is the z06.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
I am a DIE HARD LS1 guy. I still bought the 2011 GT. Only car i would own over this one right now after test driving many is the z06.

It's almost cheating when if comes to the LS1s. I just hated the IRS in the GTO due to how pricey it was to mod.

grnenvy

Established Member
Yo

Just tell him the auto is so much better and faster! Auto's are already running faster and in a couple months when the converter companys chine in it's all over with!:banana:

Bad Intention

Established Member
Just tell him the auto is so much better and faster! Auto's are already running faster and in a couple months when the converter companys chine in it's all over with!:banana:

Circle D out of houston has a converter out already. and if it is anything like the one i had in my 4R70W. It will be worth every penny.

Users who are viewing this thread