Got me a new DD HD F-150

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
Well after totalling the Ram I thought it would be good to get back into another truck. I had been driving a Ford Ranger around that had no guts whatsoever. Well after selling the Ranger for 6k I bought this big boy for 16k.
2003 Harley Davidson F150, number 1024, supercharged, completely stock, and only 66000 miles. Even have the original window sticker where the owner paid 48k. Here is the DD, yes she is filthy and definitely needs a detail.

harleytruck2.gif

Harleytruck1.gif

harleytruck3.jpg

enginebay.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice. Those HD F-150s are awesome trucks IMO. Best of luck with it. Post up some pics after you detail it.

SnakeForce

Established Member
congrats!nice truck welcome to the club now you got to enjoy NHTOC.COM you will find alot of info there about these trucks,i got an 03 f150 HD and i love it

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
This thing is a blast!!! however, it so needs some go mods. Planning on a 6lb lower with a bassani exhaust, jlp CAI, and tune. We will see how she goes after that. Any one else have a problem with the oil temp running a little high?

CamdZ06

Established Member
Well after totalling the Ram I thought it would be good to get back into another truck. I had been driving a Ford Ranger around that had no guts whatsoever. Well after selling the Ranger for 6k I bought this big boy for 16k.
2003 Harley Davidson F150, number 1024, supercharged, completely stock, and only 66000 miles. Even have the original window sticker where the owner paid 48k. Here is the DD, yes she is filthy and definitely needs a detail.

harleytruck2.gif

Harleytruck1.gif

harleytruck3.jpg

enginebay.jpg

Very nice! Id like me one to tow my Cobra around!

SR81

is Coke slangin
Established Member
I just found a 02 with 61k on it. Im trying to sell my Dodge to get it. Its completly stock also.

oki

Step up or STFU!
Established Member
These trucks can be really fast and surprise the a lot of people. I just ran a PB of 12.34 @ 113 this past weekend at STS in Valdosta. This is with no weight reduction & a full tank of gas...of course I have a built longblock in there and not the stock motor...so with some weight reduction and a upgraded stall I should be seeing easy 11.5's.

As for the stock motor on these trucks...get yourself a wideband to monitor A/F and be careful of 2 gear kickdowns, WOT blasts with OD on, and weather that is 55 degrees or colder...the stock rods are crap in these motors and will break under boost. Also if you can look at the bottom on the d-side of the motor to see when that motor was actually built...if it says 02 or early (pre-april 03) then you have 4 thread heads vs 8 thread...so popping plugs may be an issue. If you stay on top of them and torque them down to spec every 15K-20K then you should be fine.

Also, will want to invest in an oil seperator (L&S is a good no maintanence one)

Anything else you want to know, you can join up on Welcome to the National Harley Truck Owners Club or LightningRodder.com and you can find any answer you are looking for.

oki

Step up or STFU!
Established Member
Not all of them...but the passenger side closest to the fire wall can be a real pain in the ass. When most of us change our plugs we remove everything on top of them to make it easier.

Just make sure you have swivel extension and some patients...once you do it a couple of times it gets easier and easier. There are some guys I know that can do it in 30 minutes...now that is impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread