got kicked off the track for running to fast today

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
first pass i went all motor and went a 7.51 @ 92mph... that pass they told me i needed a helment and a fire ristant jacket. luckily my buddy kelby was up there with me and has to wear both and were about the same size.

for the second pass i went with the 50 shot (first time on the strip) and went a 7.01 @ 98 mph... this time they listed off a ton of stuff i needed really fast so i didn't catch it all. then said untill i have all that i cant run again.

dose any one know what all i need?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
first pass i went all motor and went a 7.51 @ 92mph... that pass they told me i needed a helment and a fire ristant jacket. luckily my buddy kelby was up there with me and has to wear both and were about the same size.

for the second pass i went with the 50 shot (first time on the strip) and went a 7.01 @ 98 mph... this time they listed off a ton of stuff i needed really fast so i didn't catch it all. then said untill i have all that i cant run again.

dose any one know what all i need?

A different track?

Check the NHRA rule book for a car at your ET and mph.

Mike

try03venom

Established Member
The rules that are in place are in need of updating! you can put on a helmet and ride a busa to a 9 sec 1/4 mile! but in a car wtf all kinds of shit is required makes no sence!!

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
it was at mooresville dragway, yeah i know man dont have the slips on me right now but i can remember most of the info on the fastest one
reaction .0074
60 foot 1.48x
330 ft 4.xxx
et 7.019
mph 98.2xx

but all in all i was surprised with the 50 shot, bottle psi was @1050psi
when i get the car to stop swaying up top, ill be ready for bigger pills

Last edited:

Dtony

Established Member
7.01 is 10.9 territory. Almost any track will give you a hard time for running that fast. You will definitely need a 6 pt roll bar, safety harness, jacket, helmet, and DS loop just to get by. Wait until you get into the 9's, it gets way tougher on safety then.

casper gt

Established Member
The rules that are in place are in need of updating! you can put on a helmet and ride a busa to a 9 sec 1/4 mile! but in a car wtf all kinds of shit is required makes no sence!!

not much you can do to protect yourself on a bike, but you need more than a helmet to race one.

the car rules are mostly there to protect the driver, I know some folks think they are invincible, but the fact of the matter is when things go bad in a car capable of 11's & faster, they go bad quick usually.

tell me what he could have done to save this & where he would be if he didn't have a cage.

Mustang wreck at Pittsburgh Raceway Park - YouTube

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
it was at mooresville dragway, yeah i know man dont have the slips on me right now but i can remember most of the info on the fastest one
reaction .0074
60 foot 1.48x
330 ft 4.xxx
et 7.019
mph 98.2xx

but all in all i was surprised with the 50 shot, bottle psi was @1050psi
when i get the car to stop swaying up top, ill be ready for bigger pills

You still have the same mods as before plus the 50 shot and tires? Thats a great short time for just springs and lcas!

Bud

Established Member
Would be nice if tech items applied at speed not ET, then people could run 1/8th mile and not have to spend so much on tech items or hack up a new car.

Users who are viewing this thread