Got it Dyno tuned Monday..

03slaminator

Established Member
Finally got it dyno tuned Monday at Stlmustangs in leadington,Mo by Bob Monk! He's a great guy and everyone there that works for him is really nice. I felt welcomed and I will be going back when I need to retune.

Heres list of what all's done to my car.

Ported eaton. (Done from a guy around my area)
2.76 upper
2lb lower
Motoblue snub idler
Tr6 gapped at .28
Sct chip
Stock CAI with k&n filter
Sct-ba2600
Kb bap
Mac LT's
O/R xpipe
Borla stinger catback

His dyno is a dynojet

At 14 degrees timing my car made 473/526 and that was the second pull. My car is making 15.6 lbs and dropping to 12 lbs. around 4500-5k it starts dropping boost. I asked Bob why he thought that it was dropping over 3lbs of boost and he said it was from a bad port job on the blower... I will try to get a video of my car posted and a picture of the dyno sheet through photobucket.

th_trim.8D667358-BAA2-4759-BD88-F372BC1CC7F9.jpg

image_6.jpg

image_7.jpg

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Why only 14 degrees of timing. You can easily run 20-21 degrees on the eatons. Good numbers for such low timing though!!

Mach828

Established Member
Ya, great numbers considering the timing. Bump up the timing and you'll see more power across the board.

03slaminator

Established Member
Well I told him that I wanted a safe tune. And I also only have 91 octane around my area. I wish he was a little closer to me so I can go back soon and possibly make a few more pulls after I get the boost drop figured out. I live in N.E Oklahoma and he's up in Leadington, Mo. It's a 5 hour drive for me one way. Lol

And Ya I thought they was decent numbers from the boost dropping off and such low timing. But I'm happy other then the boost problem.

wickedcobra99

Established Member
I am on 91 pump octane and on 20* of timing with no issues (except for that damn PPRV lol) so it is possible.

Last edited:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
A little boost drop off is normal with the Eaton. What size belt are you running with that pulley combo? Really good power for such low timing, even on 91 you could easily bump it a few degrees.

03slaminator

Established Member
I'm running a 77 inch belt. And ya I thought about adding some more timing but I'd rather it be really safe and only make 473hp then put more timing in it just to get 25hp more and not be very safe. Safety factor plays a huge roll with me, lol it is my Daily driver and I have 2 kids. One is 2 and the other one is still baking in the oven as we speak. So I gotta make sure this car last me awhile.

Freakingstang

Established Member
Nice numbers bro, Especially with that low timing. Thing will rip with some more timing. mine upper only made 474/495 in 2008 on a 21.5 degrees and was beat on for years. Its safe... my new blower won't be a much timing tho.... 22-23 is the standard safe level for most ported eatons on 93.. some have gone more, but that is pushing it with one tank of bad gas imo.

As far as the boost drop, .5-1lb is about normal drop for a ported eaton. being that you are getting that much drop, I'm guessing the inlet isn't open up as much as it could be. at high R"s, it can't take in enough air, so the boost lever drops at those higher rpm where the rotors are moving more air than the inlet can take in.

stangfreak

Established Member
You need to throw some timing in there. reason why we port these eatons is for more efficiency and to hit the 500 mark. I like the pulley combo though. 16-17lb setup right there. The eaton will drop boost and is worse when people do a 2.76 upper 6lb lower. still baffled by the members that do that. I ended up with a 2.80 2lb lower and my car ran great. Not too much boost. Never had boost drop off and wasn't heat soaking as fast as when I had more boost.

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
Don't fret about the timing. Seems some tuners specifically keep the timing down on these eaton cars because of the heat. I'm at 17 degrees 15#'s and 94.

ctgreddy

Established Member
If you wanted to be safe safe I would have kept a stock lower and put another 2 degrees in it. Would make similar power but less boost so less heat loss. Good numbers tho for the timing level. Just so you get an idea, with my kenne bell I ran 19lbs and had 16 degrees in it with 93. So having 14 is far safer than anybody ever needs to be. If something where to happen when you had say 18 degrees in it, then the same thing would happen at 14 since it'd take a freak thing to break it.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
A 77" belt is a bit too long. You can get away with a little less tension on the belt if you're not spinning the blower hard and running a small upper, but you are so I'd bet some of that higher rpm drop off is from belt slip.

And I completely understand being cautious and running safe timing to ensure your motor's longevity, but you're honestly running extremely low timing. You could easily bump it up to 17-18* and still be waay safe.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
It seems some cars react good to more timing and others not so much. When my current setup got tuned last year. we seen nearly zero changes when going from 17* to 19*. I know that's only 2 degrees difference, but every car reacts differently.

Users who are viewing this thread