Got it Back (88GT)

88gtstreetrod

Established Member
2 years ago, as soon as I sold the car, I knew I screwed up. I have been trying to buy this car back for two years; today it finally happened. It is a 88GT with 23k original miles. When I sold it it had 20k. It has a 331 stroker, and the normal heads, cam, etc... mods. Just wanted to share my excitment!!!

I am not sure I like the wheels. I had the same set on it when I sold it, but they where grey centers (Halibrand cobra III)

BlueSS

Congrats on getting your baby back! Atleast the owner took good care of it and didn't beat the snot out of it :coolman:

88gtstreetrod

Established Member
KissMySVT said:
Congrats on getting your baby back! Atleast the owner took good care of it and didn't beat the snot out of it :coolman:

Several people owned the car, therefore it saw some use (scratches, etc). The engine bay looks OK in the pics, but needs some work. I have all the time in the world to get it done, it's never leaving again. This was my first mustang that I built.

Last edited:

jcobra

Established Member
Thats awesome to have one in such good shape. Im not a big fan of those wheels did the other owners put them on.

lxfiveoh

Established Member
Looks amazing. Didnt it have black bullits on it at one time?

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like the owners took pretty good care of it. Glad to hear you got your car back. And those wheels arent my style, to each their own. What do you have in mind to go with now?

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
my buddy was going to buy that car from the owner that lived here in ohio this past year but it got traded for a race car in pa. super mint car.........congrats on getting it back.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think that is a great story. It isn't everyday you hear of someone buying back a car they previously owned. And it is also cool that it doesn't appear to have been beat on. Shouldn't take much to get it nicely detailed to where you want it. Congrats!

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Thats great you got it back.

I'd put some Bullitts on it. The current wheels look a bit out of place.

The rest of the car looks great. I know I'll not be selling my Fox unless family cicumstances force me into it.

6SpeedLover

Established Member
CobraBob said:
I think that is a great story. It isn't everyday you hear of someone buying back a car they previously owned. And it is also cool that it doesn't appear to have been beat on. Shouldn't take much to get it nicely detailed to where you want it. Congrats!
+1 That is to true man (one of the better stories) My opinion on the wheels, is that they look good, but the GT would look BETTER, with a Muscle car rim. I know that sounds dumb, but that is the only way I can put it, I dont know the names of the older rims styles. Anyway congrats to you!!!:beer:

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

88gtstreetrod

Established Member
Thanks guys. When I had the car before, I had black bullets on it. Now everyone has them. I am thinking something in black or gun metal. Not as much chrome.

RARE5.0

RARE NOTCHBACK
Established Member
Nice car. I got screwed out of that car by the guy who had it in ohio. I was pissed that he traded it to a guy in pa for a racecar 86 gt. o well i found a
12000 mile no option notch.

88gtstreetrod

Established Member
IMBGTO said:
Nice car. I got screwed out of that car by the guy who had it in ohio. I was pissed that he traded it to a guy in pa for a racecar 86 gt. o well i found a
12000 mile no option notch.

I try to buy it back from him. He thought it was worth $18k:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread