Got inched by a blown C5 in my 07 GT500

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
nice lookin car! a vert at that to so you are haulin alot of weight around.

Thanks!

I am hauling too much weight... I need to find a Camaro to spank soon or I will go into depression.

Funny thing is though: After the race I went to the gas station and my car drew quite the crowd with many props about it. People were really digging it and it made me feel better...

It was like my car extended out a bump of confidence... "Hey, I'm still badass don't worry Ryan...."

Sorry for the hard read.... I don't like to admit defeat... especially when the component jumped the gun. but there will always be tomorrow and if I get defeated again I will be more clear!

zacmustang03

Established Member
Thanks!

I am hauling too much weight... I need to find a Camaro to spank soon or I will go into depression.

Funny thing is though: After the race I went to the gas station and my car drew quite the crowd with many props about it. People were really digging it and it made me feel better...

It was like my car extended out a bump of confidence... "Hey, I'm still badass don't worry Ryan...."

Sorry for the hard read.... I don't like to admit defeat... especially when the component jumped the gun. but there will always be tomorrow and if I get defeated again I will be more clear!

Look at It like this , you have a solid platform with plenty of room to gain . Your above average Shelby has a fast potential. Sweet car man , I would take a Shelby over a vette anyday.

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member
I meant good death sorry lol. It would seem it shouldn't have been that close with the weight difference and his mods vs your mods. Also 505? Must be a VERY CONSERVATIVE tune or something. That's very low for a bolt on/ head/cam/ supercharger C5.

Depends on a LOT of things. He could have a baby cam, pushing low boost, still have the LS1 intake etc. OP can you have your buddy chime in on his mods? I'm curious.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
I know most of his mods...

He has a black magic intake, livernois ported heads, livernois custom street cam, Vortech (don't know the size) pushing 7 psi, Coilover's all around, Borla LT's X w/high-flow cats and Borla Mufflers, Widened replicas running NT05 R's and KDW's, ZO6 Shifter, Complete Baer brake system..

This list goes on but it is a street monster, but I may have been ambitious thinking I would inch him...

His last tune was over 2 years ago since the last mod which was the blower. It looks like he is running rich due to a lot of white smoke.

His car sits about 2 inches off the freaking ground, and I am scared to ride in the damn thing. It doesn't help the passenger seat has about 2 inches of play back and forth. (Chevy's....)

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member

He has a black magic intake, livernois ported heads, livernois custom street cam, Vortech (don't know the size) pushing 7 psi, Coilover's all around, Borla LT's X w/high-flow cats and Borla Mufflers, Widened replicas running NT05 R's and KDW's, ZO6 Shifter, Complete Baer brake system..

This list goes on but it is a street monster, but I may have been ambitious thinking I would inch him...

His last tune was over 2 years ago since the last mod which was the blower. It looks like he is running rich due to a lot of white smoke.

His car sits about 2 inches off the freaking ground, and I am scared to ride in the damn thing. It doesn't help the passenger seat has about 2 inches of play back and forth. (Chevy's....)

gotta love the seat rock. Had it in my vette and my truck. Just move the seats all the way to the back.. problem solved.

and I don't understand why people are under the impression the vette wasn't running right, etc.

its an Ls1, stock these things made anywhere from 300-320 rwhp..

NitrousExpress

Established Member
That's awesome! Vette killer maybe?

Be careful with that stuff though, I got pulled over the other day and got stuck with a drag racing ticket. Class B misdemeanor on my record here in Texas..

:(

Just a word to the wise...

Thanks,
Garrett

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member
gotta love the seat rock. Had it in my vette and my truck. Just move the seats all the way to the back.. problem solved.

and I don't understand why people are under the impression the vette wasn't running right, etc.

its an Ls1, stock these things made anywhere from 300-320 rwhp..

Gotta love chevy's cheap ass interior.

LS1 With heads and cam properly set up they make anywhere between 400-450 depending on the combo.

With a blower on top of all that it should at least make 550-600 unless he doesn't have the proper fuel system and is being safe with it. Hell my ws6 in my sig made that power with unported 243s (Z06 heads) and a medium sized cam/all the other bolt ons.

I'm not trying to be a naysayer about the GT500 I know what they are capable of but something is up with that vette if he's only making 500 with heads cam and a blower unless its a super stingy dyno.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
Gotta love chevy's cheap ass interior.

LS1 With heads and cam properly set up they make anywhere between 400-450 depending on the combo.

With a blower on top of all that it should at least make 550-600 unless he doesn't have the proper fuel system and is being safe with it. Hell my ws6 in my sig made that power with unported 243s (Z06 heads) and a medium sized cam/all the other bolt ons.

I'm not trying to be a naysayer about the GT500 I know what they are capable of but something is up with that vette if he's only making 500 with heads cam and a blower unless its a super stingy dyno.

He is probably making more power then that then! He never really told me, we have been in secret competition over here!!:shrug:

All i know is that i hung with him after he got the jump which means he must have at-least 50 less rwhp then me.

And yes we need to be careful out here. Getting hurt or getting a ticket is the last thing we want. We made a couple passes back and forth to check but that does not mean anything...

mrlrd1

Established Member

No such thing as a "black magic intake".

And I agree with everyone else. 500rwhp is the norm for a LS1 with a very mild cam and longtubes at 6-7psi. If he truly has ported heads and any type of decent cam, it's probably pullied for 9psi but makes only 7 as you claim, which makes matters worse. That car should be making 550rwhp MINIMUM.

DEMARCO313

Established Member
No such thing as a "black magic intake".

And I agree with everyone else. 500rwhp is the norm for a LS1 with a very mild cam and longtubes at 6-7psi. If he truly has ported heads and any type of decent cam, it's probably pullied for 9psi but makes only 7 as you claim, which makes matters worse. That car should be making 550rwhp MINIMUM.

Exactly what I was saying. Heads/cam/bolt on supercharged ls1 should definitely make at least 550-560rwhp MINIMUM. With you having 575rwhp it would seem like something is wrong with his car/driver/started in wrong gear/tune etc due to the weight difference especially with you being a convertible which makes matters worse. We're talking approximately an 800 pound weight difference and even more if his C5 is a FRC. Even if he did make just 505 rwhp as you say and you make 575rwhp, he should've won by a large margin imo based on weight alone! A 70rwhp advantage is definitely not overcoming a 800 pound weight difference and that's just assuming he's making only 505rwhp which I doubt. This should've been an annihilation regardless ESPECIALLY SINCE HE GOT THE JUMP AND YOU GRANNY SHIFTED TO 3RD.

Last edited:

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
Well as I stated I am unsure of his numbers. It's obvious I don't know my ls1 tech... But it's a heads/cam/blown/intake/ c5 removable top 99. He is a better driver then me considering he has been playing with 500+ hp for 5 more years then me. Like I stated we hide our numbers from each other. All I know is that after 100 or so he pulled only a fender. He could be due for a retune?

Users who are viewing this thread