Got inched by a blown C5 in my 07 GT500

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
Well I don't do too much street racing for the obvious reason's, plus there arent many cars around my area.

However, my co-worker and I have been back and forth for years now with vette's and mustangs. He has been building up his C5 and it's a beast.

I just got my gt500 back from a port/tune/pulley and a few other stuff. Most of the mods are in sig. His C5 is slammed, mild cam, heads, Vortech charged, long-tubes and the works. Sounds like a freaking indy car compared to my nascar sounding O/R X.

We both drove them to work today and had to do a quick run. We both were like... "This is a bad idea... but how can we not.?" We are insurance agents for Christ sake.

The run: around 35-140

I was honking it off and he slammed it before I got the 3rd honk in so it gave him a jump. He had me by a door just from the jump and we traded doors up to about 110 and he started inching me after we got into 4th.

Shifts by all were smooth and neither one of us missed a gear. I may have granny shifted a bit into 3rd being all excited and all around 6k, where i may should have taken to it 6300 or soo.. happens so fast hard to tell.

If we both hit the go pedal at the same time I think I may have inched him up to 100 or so and then traded off again.

Those damn light little vette's piss me off!

But we only got 1 run in for the sake of rolling away clean and we will have more to come this summer. I want to do more of 50 roll and then an ol fashion dig race.

-ryan

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
Good kill. Sounds like his Vette doesn't run like it should or is underpowered for his mods.

Lost this one bud... Maybe coz he jumped the 2nd honk but regardless good race... Next time we will try a few different runs and I think I can handle him.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
Nice runs, don't get caught, your insurance will go up!!

10-4 there man! Hell... I prob won't have a Shelby to insure getting caught at a buck 30 in a 70 zone.

Lol kinda ironic

Btw screamingfast... U have a sick mod list, very well put together it looks like. I had the exact same exhaust setup on my terminator and removed the baffles. Loved it!

Last edited:

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
Suprised the vette didnt pull at least a couple cars. Next time we need a video!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Nice death OP. Its crazy that more 07-09 shelby threads have popped up but I like it. Keep em coming.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Too bad most end with deaths lately. Weight is the killer. But she sure does feel planted and solid and predictable!

Yea thats true also but its still my dream car and its becoming more affordable every year, I know thats a good and bad thing but its inevitable. I cant wait to have one. The weight doesnt bother me because even with the weight that's nothing full bolt ons cant take care of, and after that a twin screw can solve any bodies problem.:beer:

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
Yea thats true also but its still my dream car and its becoming more affordable every year, I know thats a good and bad thing but its inevitable. I cant wait to have one. The weight doesnt bother me because even with the weight that's nothing full bolt ons cant take care of, and after that a twin screw can solve any bodies problem.:beer:

My thoughts exactly. Plus these Shelbys feel really planted when setup right.

DEMARCO313

Established Member
Good kill op but a shocker due to weight differences. Heads/cam supercharger c5 is No joke. Sounds like his car isn't running right or a terrible tune. Do you know what he dynoed at?

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
Good kill op but a shocker due to weight differences. Heads/cam supercharger c5 is No joke. Sounds like his car isn't running right or a terrible tune. Do you know what he dynoed at?

Sorry for the tough read but I actually lost. "got inched by the C5." his tune is spot on. I think he made 505 rwhp. Not positive though.

zacmustang03

Established Member
Sounds like you have a mean shelby there.That vette would move out and if your door to door and 5 or 6 hundred pounds heavier your making some good power.. Nice race lets see some pictures of your car.

DEMARCO313

Established Member
I meant good death sorry lol. It would seem it shouldn't have been that close with the weight difference and his mods vs your mods. Also 505? Must be a VERY CONSERVATIVE tune or something. That's very low for a bolt on/ head/cam/ supercharger C5.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
image-2.jpg

http://i1268.photobucket.com/download-albums/jj579/rygy04/.highres/image-2.jpg

http://i1268.photobucket.com/download-albums/jj579/rygy04/.highres/image-1.jpg

It's a miracle if these work!

I will have to tinker with the photos when I have a computer back at work.

Last edited:

DEMARCO313

Established Member
Nice shelby man! Looks real good! I've been considering selling my 03 cobra for one. I go back and forth like everyday lol. I see you had a cobra also. Do you like the Shelby more or regret selling your cobra?

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
Nice shelby man! Looks real good! I've been considering selling my 03 cobra for one. I go back and forth like everyday lol. I see you had a cobra also. Do you like the Shelby more or regret selling your cobra?

Tough call boss. When I went from a full bolt-on Terminator to a stock Shelby I was regretful for sure... But my 03 had35k miles and was burning oil.. I found my Shelby with only 2100 miles on it and was ready for modding. Now that it's setup well, I wouldn't go back. Unless it was an addition :rockon:.

The gt500 are just so much more solid a better quality car in all respect. I wouldn't have it if my Terminator was healthy and I didn't stumble across it!

Pntbll309

Established Member
Lost this one bud... Maybe coz he jumped the 2nd honk but regardless good race... Next time we will try a few different runs and I think I can handle him.

Well hell, I think almost all of us misread it. Either way good story and stay safe out there.

Users who are viewing this thread