Got her dyno tuned today

bobbyj

Established Member
I had my car dyno tuned today (2011 GT ) My mods are an airaid Intake and magna flow mufflers. It put down 417 horsepower and 393 torque. Needless to say I am very happy with the numbers. These cars are monsters. Traded in my truck for this car and haven't looked back.

Last edited:

bobbyj

Established Member
My tuner was impressed by the numbers. Tuned by Dennis Ramsey at Ramsey's performance in lutz. He specializes in ford. Well known tuner in our area (Tampa bay). It was on a dyno jet. I bought the car used with only the mufflers on it. No other mods to my knowledge. It is a Brembo GT with 3.73 gears.

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
dyno jets have higher readings. I dynoed my car on a mustang dyno with a steeda cai and Bama 93r tune and roush A.B and put down 390rwhp and 370rwtq. Bama from what I hear are very safe tunes

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
dyno jets have higher readings. I dynoed my car on a mustang dyno with a steeda cai and Bama 93r tune and roush A.B and put down 390rwhp and 370rwtq. Bama from what I hear are very safe tunes

I also have a Bama tune, but Bama is more like a factory type tune. They are safe, but they are VERY relaxed and leave A LOT on the table.

bobbyj

Established Member
Thanks guys! Yeah the numbers might be high I'm not sure. But it runs great and I couldn't be happier with it. Can't wait to see what it does at the track

Last edited:

Poppacapp

Established Member
Check your dynosheet and see if it is STD correction or SAE. STD will be slightly higher than SAE. Nice numbers though. :)

itSSlow98

Established Member
I also have a Bama tune, but Bama is more like a factory type tune. They are safe, but they are VERY relaxed and leave A LOT on the table.

Dont count on that, a guy I know had a bama tune and put it on the dyno to see an a/f of 13.5:1......he had it tuned back to 12.5:1 by the shop and it made 35rwhp more.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Dont count on that, a guy I know had a bama tune and put it on the dyno to see an a/f of 13.5:1......he had it tuned back to 12.5:1 by the shop and it made 35rwhp more.

The new 5.0 likes a richer mix to produce the maximum amount of power. I've seen this as well.:read:

DIB5.0

Established Member
Dyno's are so fickle. Seen a guy make 409 with a sct 91 canned tune
and drop in on a mustang dyno.

Poppacapp

Established Member

I know someone who had a messed up ring land on his 5.0 because of a bama tune.

The new 5.0 likes a richer mix to produce the maximum amount of power. I've seen this as well.:read:

13.5:1 is a little lean dont you think?

Users who are viewing this thread