Got her back today. Dyno Results included.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
I've been anxious to pick my Shelby up and was finally able to do so last night... Despite the 35 degree weather.

Noted on my previos threads, the power mods:

Ported eaton
Ported TB and elbow matched
2.6 pulley
Steeda triple pass HE
Jba o/rx
Jba 2.5 axle backs with 4 inch tips (looks and sounds sick as hell)
160 tstat
A r94 plugs
Coast 1 piece ds
Frpp ud pulley
Steeda CAI

Other mods:

Php custom x subframe connectors and k member
CDC light bar
Php custom shifter bushings kit
Php custom springs with steeda lca, ucas, 3rd link and pan hard bar
Nt05r stock rear size
BFg kdw stock front size

Now for the numbers!

Before the build with just a CAI and base tune she laid down 495 whp and 460 trq.

After the build and custom tuning by Paul at PHP she laid down 575 whp and 550 trq.

I would post pics of the graph and car but my phone shattered last night right when I got her home... I will borrow my gf's camera soon and get pics of car and graphs.

A few questions though.... With the final tune the a/f s are hold between 11.2 and 12. with peak hp at 6200 rpms and 12.04 afs. At 6700 rpms she makes 560 rwhp with afs of 11.41.

How does thus tune sound to you fellas?

Its a whole new car to me! I came from a terminator and was upset with my Shelby being such a softy....well now it's a untamed beast and rough around the edges and raw...which is what I missed the most.

Input and comments would be greatly appreciated...thanks fellas!

Last edited:

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
Maybe I like mine on the safe side but I wouldn't spin my engine that fast. RPM is the killer of the Condor. Your A/F seems lean as well. It could be because he used a sniffer?

Was it tuned on a Mustang dyno?

I would also like to hear/see the exhaust setup. Post vids if possible!

Last edited:

IA Shelby

Established Member
I am not an expert by any means but everything that I have read suggests an optimal a/f ratio between 11.6-11.8.

Assuming the a/f reading is correct, that is very lean. I also would not run the rpm that high. I hear most people set their rev limiter at 6200 and a few at 6500 rpm. I would not go above that with pump gas and stock internals.

Best of luck going forward. You may want to get a 2nd opinion on the tune. Also might want to look at your plugs before driving it to inspect the tips.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
Paul uses a dyno jet chassis dyno. I was wondering if it was too lean. Although her peak hp is within the 11s for AF. He pulled it to 6700 but I do not know what the rev limiter is set at after the tune....

I know he has tuned tons of gt500s with lots of success and other mustangs of mine in the past.

Maybe another tuner on here can chime in....

I will post more when I can....

Last edited:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
If he didn't lock the tuner you can set your rev limiter where you like. Set mine back to 6400. Was 6700 but I as starting to feel a little uneasy

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Get a AEM wide band. My car made 547HP and 574TQ with my AFRs at 11.6 and 19 degrees timing. what did he set your timing at, he may have not added as much timing.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
well it turns out I was readng the logs all wrong!!! I was actually looking at sustained boost pull to log heat soak.

The AFs through the tune are mid 11s to high 11s maxing at 12.1 at 570 and 5900 rpm.

I do not know the timing because it doesn't show on this sheet.

However I will ask him this week. I gotta go there to pick up some parts anyways.

Thanks! I feel like a jackass looking at the wrong data log!

Users who are viewing this thread