Got boost? Come on in...

OG_

Established Member
Well, I pulled the trigger on a 2013 auto 5.0 yesterday and the paxton is about to be ordered :banana:

I'm pretty sure I will make north of 500 easy and I'm wondering what kind of tires you guys are running on the street on 18"s I'll be getting tires for track use but I want a regular radial that will handle the power better than the stockers on the street. Any suggestions?

I have Continental DWS on my 05 GTO (502/470) and they're meh. Quiet and comfy but they just don't like anything over 450 it seems. Maybe Pilot sport? :shrug:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Well, I pulled the trigger on a 2013 auto 5.0 yesterday and the paxton is about to be ordered :banana:

I'm pretty sure I will make north of 500 easy and I'm wondering what kind of tires you guys are running on the street on 18"s I'll be getting tires for track use but I want a regular radial that will handle the power better than the stockers on the street. Any suggestions?

I have Continental DWS on my 05 GTO (502/470) and they're meh. Quiet and comfy but they just don't like anything over 450 it seems. Maybe Pilot sport? :shrug:

Should be closer to 600 if you are doing one of my specials! :)

You'll have to decide if it's an everyday car that will see rain occasionally.

If it is, I would do the nitto nt555r tire.

If not, i'd lean towards the nitto 505 or m/t drag radial, much better hook

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I'd start looking at suspension mods too, cause with over 600hp you will spin a lot no matter what street tire you have!

zachcrosen

Established Member
See my power in my sig. I'm on MT ET Streets in back. 305/35-19!! I have pirellis up front. Mine isn't a dd either.

D98GT

Established Member
I gave up on that and run a 17" racestar with ET STREETS on the street; have a set of 15" rears that im about to throw some tires on for the track.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
555Rs scare me. Made a right hand lane change in the rain in my lightning (60 in a 65) with out wanting to. hydroplaned for like 100 feet it was real fun.

Another option would be to learn how to drive with all that power on the tires you have (yea it's not as fun) and get some sticky tires on a spare set of wheels. Plus my lightning would chew up 555Rs and it got expensive. Baller on a budget lol

Last edited:

GCubersoldat

Established Member
My MT ET streets took care of traction issues once and for all. Damn thing doesn't spin anymore lol feels like you're gonna be thrown out the back window. Its a 275/60-15 if you're curious. Ran it on a friends X275 car and it cut 8-9 second passes without traction issues.

6SpeedFreak

Established Member
See my power in my sig. I'm on MT ET Streets in back. 305/35-19!! I have pirellis up front. Mine isn't a dd either.

wow I ran 11.69 at 124 on General all seasons 275/40/19s...at your HP you should be much faster!!! I only had a 1.9 60'

Last edited:

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I dd on nitto 555 285/40/18's I had conti dw before these and tapped a curb lost a dw. The tire shop I was near could only get the nitto same day in my size. They are pretty good in the dry, but the dw kicked their ass in the wet.

I will go back to dd on dw and already bought my cheap 15's for fun runs. Just deciding if I go dr or slick on them.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
What about Pilot super sports? They might be a little pricey but from the reviews I've read, they are the best compromise between great grip, dry & wet performance AND durability (mileage wise). Beef, what do you think of these?

Users who are viewing this thread