Got beat by a Z28

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
Well, lets get one thing cleared up. Its not a stock 3'' Y-Pipe like most out there. Its a 4'' setup. Why did he go that route? Who knows, who cares?

He has never once said he "didnt" try duals. He just did what he did with a y pipe setup.

The moral of the story is Y-Pipes have been proven to be just as efficient as TDs when setup correctly. I know the Y-Pipe he had was custom with a 4 inch merge. At the end of the day it's still a Y-Pipes. TDs aren't stock either, that's why I used Pat Gs exhaust setup.

More to times than not a Y-Pipe offers better clearance. But that's besides the point. We are getting way off subject. I'm sure these Mustang could care less about which us better

Edit: Of course a TD setup will be better than a 3' Y-Pipe setup....your comparison isn't apples to apples

Last edited:

Pntbll309

Established Member
The moral of the story is Y-Pipes have been proven to be just as efficient as TDs when setup correctly. I know the Y-Pipe he had was custom with a 4 inch merge. At the end of the day it's still a Y-Pipes. TDs aren't stock either, that's why I used Pat Gs exhaust setup.

More to times than not a Y-Pipe offers better clearance. But that's besides the point. We are getting way off subject. I'm sure these Mustang could care less about which us better

Edit: Of course a TD setup will be better than a 3' Y-Pipe setup....your comparison isn't apples to apples

An X pipe to a Y pipe comparison will never be apples to apples. I never compared them. I just said that a true dual setup would make more power than a y pipe setup on a H/C setup.

Im pretty sure as well a 4'' y pipe setup would have LESS clearance than a 3'' true dual setup.

Also with the same mods as you, but with true duals I made 351/363. Looks like the duals can make more power.

Last edited:

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
An X pipe to a Y pipe comparison will never be apples to apples. I never compared them. I just said that a true dual setup would make more power than a y pipe setup on a H/C setup.

Im pretty sure as well a 4'' y pipe setup would have LESS clearance than a 3'' true dual setup.

Also with the same mods as you, but with true duals I made 351/363. Looks like the duals can make more power.

Are you an A4? Are you tuned? Did you get dyno'd on a 100+ degree day? all dynos are different

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
compromise.gif
:beer::shrug::coolman:

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
Yea duals help I wont deny that [ when compared to stock/3' ]. Especially with my crap Hooker Y-Pipe. I'll get back to you when I got to a custom merge and get a tune. No matter what you'll always make more power since I'm an A4

Pntbll309

Established Member
Yea duals help I wont deny that [ when compared to stock/3' ]. Especially with my crap Hooker Y-Pipe. I'll get back to you when I got to a custom merge and get a tune. No matter what you'll always make more power since I'm an A4

Thats the good thing about manuals. That and they are a tad bit more fun to drive. I had an A4 LT1 Formula that was cool, but it got boring to drive. And at the strip, its just not the same.

I would be very curious to see how PatG's car reacted to a true dual setup.

Im also waiting to see how the new heads and cam setup is going to perform with the nitrous.:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread